PDA

View Full Version : mill-com military basha

swkieran
05-01-2011, 09:58 AM
i bought one very cheap seems like a good basha,but i thought id ask what you guys thought of them if any of you have ever used one. It was a cheap 2ncd hand buy never been used and its in a camo colour which i quite liked it seems very robust aswell ill give u the size etc its 255x172 cm,weighs 116 ghs what ever that weight is

sleeping bags
05-01-2011, 10:21 AM
let me know how this basha works out will you, i was thinking of buying one myself

swkieran
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
no worries m8,it seems pretty good,be a while til i test it out thou as im building my kit,and taking advice and other peoples experiances on board before i go out

Martin
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Kieran, I fear that this may be a bit small unless you intend to erect it 'military style' i.e. very low to the ground so as to be concealed. The very short width of 172cm means that rain is likely to drive under it if you set it up 'A' frame style and it almost certainly won't be suitable for use with a hammock. Having said all that, now you've bought it, the most important opinion is yours. Let us know how you get on with it and how you plan to erect it when you eventually do get to use it for real.

For the record, I still think 3m x 3m is about the right size for a tarp for 'our' purposes.

Martin

KERNOW KELT
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
On the whole I have to agree with Martin.... I have one of these, the plus factors,tough and cheap.. but a bit heavy and wont pack down so well.
The new Brit desert cam is aok and the Oz cam basha is even better, but pricey. I Like the military kit, does the job at a reasonable price.
All the best for 2011
David

swkieran
05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
thx guys yeah it does seem rather well made,bargain aswell for a tenner,im goona get a 3m x 3m aswell martin,has anybody got any videos of how to set up tarps in different configs

RobbC
14-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I have one of these, and i think it is exellent. I normally use it with one side pegged directly on the ground and the other side high and open facing onto the fire. very comfortable set-up.

Robb

Fletching
14-01-2011, 08:45 PM
thx guys yeah it does seem rather well made,bargain aswell for a tenner,im goona get a 3m x 3m aswell martin,has anybody got any videos of how to set up tarps in different configs

http://www.tatonka.com/en/produkte/downloads.htm

Get the 'tents' pdf and it's about p27. I'm sure there's lots of other setup info out there as well.

Steve

mahikan
15-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Check out "True Norths" website www.truenorthoutdoor.co.uk run by Jed Yarnold.
His tarps in my opinion are second to none I have tested them in some very extreme conditions here in Canada.
I know he uses them on his Scottish Canoe exped's each tarp comes with an instruction sheet on the many different ways of erecting it.
He has two sizes of tarp each tarp has design features, not seen on many other models, cunningly thought out for different erection styles plus shedding rain.

RobbC
18-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Check out "True Norths" website www.truenorthoutdoor.co.uk run by Jed Yarnold.
Cheers for that, it is a great web-site, when i get round to ordering my dd travel hammock i think i will invest in one of these tarps.

Cheers, Robb