PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Flint knapped knife, Arrowhead & Spearhead Collection

Jason
26-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I am selling this item as a private seller
This sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators.

Hi All,
This post is for anyone interested in Flint Knapping Art !!!!
Over the years i have put together quite a large collection of stunning knapped arrowheads with a few Knapped knife blades, spearheads aswell as some fully finished knapped knives.
I have come to the difficult conclusion that in order for me to raise the additional funds needed to put towards a deposit for me to get a foot onto the property ladder for the first time, then i will need to sell off my much loved collection.
Most of my collection is made up of various exotic & very colourful well knapped cherts,flints,obsidians,mookites etc aswell as some traditional flints, cherts & rare stones, every piece is a one of a kind !!!

I would very much like to see them go to good homes of like minded individuals who will look after them and admire them as i have done & to see them handed down through their families generations for years to come....

I will be spending some time over the next few weeks photographing each one and putting together some form of Word or PDF document with all the photographs & details of each piece listed with prices, making it easier to view & choose from should anyone wish to buy a particular piece.

For now, I have uploaded a quick photograph of 3 Knapped knife blades from my collection to see if there is interest......
The 3 knife blades are for sale with an asking price of £45 each or Best Offers - Free recorded delivery postage within mainland UK

The Top knife blade has been knapped from "Electric Blue Fibre Optic Glass" (6" Long x 1" Wide)
Looks totally stunning displayed in the light !!!

The Middle knife blade has been knapped from "Banded Burns Green Obsidian" (6" Long x 2" Wide)
Beautiful Pastel Green with a stunning Black Band running through it !!! Burns Green Obsidian is becoming more difficult to find in big pieces.

The Bottom knife blade has been knapped from "Burns Green Obsidian" (7" Long x 1 1/2" Wide)
Beautiful darker shade of Green !!! and again becoming difficult to find in big pieces.

Payment method via Paypal
Please feel free to message me if you are interested in making a purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post........

Best Wishes
Jason

fish
26-09-2012, 07:09 PM
prices?

Martin
26-09-2012, 07:37 PM
£45 each.

Martin

Jason
26-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks Martin :)
Yes these 3 pictured above are £45 ( Best offers will be considered )with free recorded delivery to mainland UK
I have about 20 knife blades & spearheads which will be around the same price, the ones knapped from less exotic materials will be slightly less in price.
I have over 100 arrowheads most will be around the £20 mark apart from a select few which are more exotic & rare !
They will be around £30 unless a bidding war breaks out :war:

Anyone interested in receiving the full Word/PDF document listing that i will be putting together, just message me and i will make a list of those interested & email a copy to you when it's completed.

Thanks Again
Jason

Jason
29-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

Any feedback would be appreciated !!!
Regarding pricing, level of interest, etc

Thanks
Jason

Jason
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

I have decided to reduce the prices of the knapped items i am selling from my collection as selling them at the prices i paid for them doesn't seem to be gaining any interest and i understand that most people might not have the money spare to buy beautiful examples of knapping to add to their collections.
I will be making a loss at these new prices, but i need to sell them, so my loss will be your gain.

The 3 knife blades above are now £25 each + £5 postage (1st class recorded delivery to mainland UK) (Postage to other locations will cost more)

Kind Regards
Jason