PDA

View Full Version : Music

Metal mug
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
What kind of music do people like around here. I was just curious to see if bushcrafters had similar taste in music or not. :rock-on:

Bambii
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I like most music :D

I thought the soundtrack from 'Into The Wild' was good.

I kind of like some dubstep stuff that's on spotify.

Mustn't forget Bob Marley :)

Mix it up, bit of everything.

Metal mug
03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Or for that matter does anyone play any musical instruments?

sleeping bags
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
marley is a must, throw in a bit of ub40 and a bit of eighties im sorted :), i played the accordian a long time ago

comanighttrain
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Punk or metal mainly...

bit of offspring when boarding

bit of sevendust when lifting

bit of tom waits when meandering.

JEEP
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Well, I listen to everything from 30s bigband music to Rammstein. I mostly listen to rock, metal, blues, bluegrass and jazz - but everything from Vivaldi to Take That finds it's way to my playlist

The only genres I really do not care for are techno (with a very few exceptions) and "bitches'n'bling gangster rap" (some classic rap is ok though)

If i should mention a few favourites, it would be; Alice Cooper, Hammerfall, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Dubliners and John Denver

Aaron Rushton
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
i like a bit of everything really. quite like classic jazz and some classic rock. bob dylan, beatles, some blur tracks. and yes, i admit to the guilty pleasure of liking some coldplay tracks :P also quite like greenday and modern punk. have ou ever heard of tim minchin? best pianist and comic song writerout there, i love his music.

Comptona
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I love my folk music but dont get to put it on very often, dont know why. I love listening to Muse. Green day and most recently Mumford and Sons. I am learning guitar but only 4 chords in a year so far so I dont think Wembley is calling quite yet..

Bambii
03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Mumford and Sons are brilliant!

One of my favourites :)

Aaron Rushton
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
also bellowhead. just searched mumford and sons, there great! thanks for that :)

Comptona
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
also bellowhead. just searched mumford and sons, there great! thanks for that :)

Bellowhead, now theres a band, they were great on Jools Holand on new years eve. Mumford and sons are great good tunes to have in your head when doing projects.

swkieran
03-01-2011, 08:24 PM
i like a mixture of music,i can play the boudrahn okish lol.comptona have you ever been to sidmouth folk festival,i try and get 2 it once a year if i can loads of folky music going on random people playing instruments morris dancing on the sea front etc well worth going 2 best of all you can camp down there

Comptona
03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
i like a mixture of music,i can play the boudrahn okish lol.comptona have you ever been to sidmouth folk festival,i try and get 2 it once a year if i can loads of folky music going on random people playing instruments morris dancing on the sea front etc well worth going 2 best of all you can camp down there

No mate, i should, I am 30 mins from Cropredy (fairport conventions festival) and 2 minutes from Cornbury Festival but I always htink they are so close I can go anytime.. I was hoping to catch some folk at Bampton (Devon not Oxon) Street fair last in october but I was bitterly dissapointed. A group from the local day centre playing the melodian was as close s it got. In fact The whole fair was dissapointing just a giant market. We went to look at buying some Exmoor ponies but they didnt have any for sale. Sidmouth sounds good, I havent been over that side of Devon yet. The furthest I ahve gone that way (except on the way to Cornwall, that wierd place lol) is Wimbleball Lake. Hope to take the canadian canoe down there in April.

Bambii
03-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Cornbury Festival is awesome! Good bands, Usually :)

Comptona
03-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Cornbury Festival is awesome! Good bands, Usually :)

its gonna be different now, the organisers have moved it to Great Tew and Cornbury have signed up with Moma group part of HMV, never know we might get Mumford and Sons this year. Did you het my PM?

Bambii
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
its gonna be different now, the organisers have moved it to Great Tew and Cornbury have signed up with Moma group part of HMV, never know we might get Mumford and Sons this year. Did you het my PM?

Mumford and Sons would make it.

I got your pm, i didnt have time to reply earlier but you just reminded me :D Thanks buddy.

swkieran
04-01-2011, 12:03 AM
the legendary faiport up there with the levelers,imagine seeing fairport when sandy denny was with us epic.i was lucky enough to see them in the 90s when martin alcott was in the band a few years ago now when i was a young young man lol

swkieran
04-01-2011, 12:10 AM
sidmouth is well worth the visit m8,you will enjoy it a lot going on,better than the bampton festival much better

luresalive
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Gotta be classic rock or blues..

MikeWilkinson
04-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Anything with a good bit of guitar or drumming gets my vote, a good vocal helps too. On the current playlist - Florence and the machine, Emerson lake and palmer, Led Zepplin, Noah and the Whale, Jimmy Hendrix, David Bowie, Monford and Sons, Skunk Anansie, Steppenwolf, Prodigy, Erik Mongrain (AirTap - look it up on youtube, this guy has skills), The pigeon detectives, Vampire Weekend... ... I'll leave it there as this could go on quite a bit. Oh but must mention Don Ross and Andy Mckee, they sit up there with Erik for mad Guitar skills and cannot forget Dean Magraw's Isabella- love that tune.

troopermaz
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, I listen to everything from 30s bigband music to Rammstein. I mostly listen to rock, metal, blues, bluegrass and jazz - but everything from Vivaldi to Take That finds it's way to my playlist

The only genres I really do not care for are techno (with a very few exceptions) and "bitches'n'bling gangster rap" (some classic rap is ok though)

If i should mention a few favourites, it would be; Alice Cooper, Hammerfall, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Dubliners and John Denver

same as but my favourites are mettalica, iron maiden(up the irons) and slipknot

Bambii
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Anything with a good bit of guitar or drumming gets my vote, a good vocal helps too. On the current playlist - Florence and the machine, Emerson lake and palmer, Led Zepplin, Noah and the Whale, Jimmy Hendrix, David Bowie, Monford and Sons, Skunk Anansie, Steppenwolf, Prodigy, Erik Mongrain (AirTap - look it up on youtube, this guy has skills), The pigeon detectives, Vampire Weekend... ... I'll leave it there as this could go on quite a bit. Oh but must mention Don Ross and Andy Mckee, they sit up there with Erik for mad Guitar skills and cannot forget Dean Magraw's Isabella- love that tune.

Your band list took the cake for me :D

jbrown14
04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I may be the odd man out here, most of my music consists of what would be considered "Christian Contemporary" or "Christian Pop" if I had to label it. I do have a good amount of Irish Folk, Bluegrass, Celtic, Barbershop and even Big Band as well.

I play piano, not great, but not terrible (I don't read music, just know what keys are what and use guitar chord sheets.) I also dabble in the pennywhistle and have been known to break out my Walton's "D" whistle on a hike or two. I love the sound of it echoing across a pond on a misty morning. Though we haven't gotten together in a few years, I also sing in a barbershop quartet.

Tony1948
04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I love country, new and old, motown, jan& dean, beach boys,Johnny Mathis,The King,Elives,The god, Clapton,Johnny cash,and a lot more.I was bought a blue grass banjo about 4 years ago and still cant play a note.If any one can play one and weir going to the same meet Ill bring it along.

antithetic
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
A bit of everything for me. Rock (most sub genres), jazz, Classical, some pop, Prodigy..... Though I'm an absolute sucker for a heavily over driven guitar (Metallica, Machine Head) or nice creamy lead sounds a la Gary Moore. I'm a guitarist so the technically excellent Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci/Dream Theater and Paul Gilbert are also up there.