PDA

View Full Version : One night two day outing North Yorks

kev fitzpatrick
20-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Its been many years since i last ventured out. In fact all things Bushcraft have not been on my mind much either. So after finally making the effort to get out again and armed with my new Frontline hammock my mate and i set out to an old stomping ground we last visited at least ten years ago.

What a learning curve it was and there is so much i need to learn and relearn. Thanks to the videos here i managed to get my tarp and hammock hung up but no where near as trim as i had hoped. Also my camp and personal admin was sadly lacking. I would pick things up then put them down to be lost the next time i needed them! So loads to bring back and reflect on but most of all we both had a great time and will be planning another trip soon.

Kev

TreeCamper
20-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Its all good fun Kev. You will soon get more organised with a few nights out.

The main thing is you got out there and had a good time. Don't worry about the rest it will all come good.

Nice pic

TC

kev fitzpatrick
20-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Aye, a good learning curve. I did wonder though how a tarp would stand up to a strong wind? Any tips anyone?Thx

Kev

biker-bri
22-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I always use a ridge line on my tarp, you can either tie it above and suspend your tarp from it or put the ridge line up first and throw your tarp over it either way works well in windy conditions, to tighten the tarp on the ridge line I use either prussic loops or a
waggoner's hitch on one side with a static knot on the opposite end, once the ridge of the tarp is taught then peg the sides out.
Hope this helps. Cheers Bri

kev fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi biker bri
Yes thats the way i rigged mine up. Ive just bought some of those new pegs. They look like a bracket and form a 90 degree angle they look as though they would hold firm against a strong wind.