PDA

View Full Version : Self inflatable mat

FishyFolk
05-09-2012, 08:15 PM
i have had this kicking abaout for years, an Ajungilak mamut self inflatable mat.
These should be stored rolled out with the air valve open. But I had not done that, and it's not been in use for at least 3 years.
Pulled it out of the shed this summer as the kids needed one. But it did not self inflate, so i sent him off with an old
foam mat I have had since the army days. And thought the old slef inlatable was a gonner...

Then read something on the net how to bring them back to life.

Okay roll it out. Wait 15 minutes. If it does not start to self-inflate, you have to inflate it yourself by blowing gently into the air-valve.
When the mat is fully inflated, leave over night with a closed valve to let the foam cells fully regain their function.

Now deflate the mat, and it should self inflate again..mine did, And only neeeded 4-5 top up breaths to top it up....gonna strore it correctly now..

Had this thing with me to Iraq, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Thailand etc. I hate hard beds, and this thing has been a god send in these countries where what goes for a mattress even in the poshest of 5 star hotels is like sleeping on cement sacks...

CanadianMike
05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Also helps to just leave the mattress out in the sun on a warm day for a few hours, the air inside will help expand it. Works well when it does self expand too, makes it a bit thicker.

FishyFolk
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Also helps to just leave the mattress out in the sun on a warm day for a few hours, the air inside will help expand it. Works well when it does self expand too, makes it a bit thicker.

What is a sun, and can you explain the term "warm day" for me?

CanadianMike
06-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Thought that might cause some confusion over there across the pond from us......... ;)

Tigger004
24-09-2012, 11:13 PM
never owned on, how small do they pack down? looked at some down filled ones recently and they do pack small, over £100 though.