PDA

View Full Version : Dorset Woodland Blades

Dan XF
29-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I bought a large DJP blade from Duncan at DWB and absolutely love it. It was delivered when promised and all emails were replied to and updates sent. I found dealing with Duncan to be a pleasure. I then decided that I would never be ableto shape a handle so I ordered a set of removable scales from Duncan. They arrived when promised but Duncan did warn me that whilst he had shaped them I would have to finish the shaping off myself. They arrived and I have to say that Duncan was not quite correct. They fitted perfectly and required no finishing from me at all. Duncan is a top craftsman and an all round nice bloke who makes a quality product and provides great customer service. I have done a nice acid etch to the blade that has left an almost damascus look to it. The knife is now unique and made to my specs and is all I will need in the outdoors. Can't recommend him highly enough and I suspect Adrian Rose will back me up on this one pretty quickly.

AL...
29-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Ye cant tell us something loke that Dan!!!!
WE NEED PICS!!!!!! :D

Cheers
AL

JonnyP
29-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I have several of Duncans knives. All are well thought out, well designed, very sharp, and good value for money.

fish
29-08-2012, 05:44 PM
your right he is a top chap,but boy is he one ugly f***er!lol

AdrianRose
29-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi Dan

You are absolutely right buddy. The service from Duncan is superb, I designed a knife a couple of years ago and have gone into semi-production with them with Duncan as the only man I trust to do the blades.

His craftsmanship is only equalled by his professionalism and friendly service. Also his prices are more than realistic, I was stunned when he first told me the prices of his blades. When I questioned him on why his stuff was so cheap - his reply was "its not that I'm cheap, it's just that everyone else is so expensive", which is a very valid point.

Anyway, suffice to say that he is a top fella.

Ade

I bought a large DJP blade from Duncan at DWB and absolutely love it. It was delivered when promised and all emails were replied to and updates sent. I found dealing with Duncan to be a pleasure. I then decided that I would never be ableto shape a handle so I ordered a set of removable scales from Duncan. They arrived when promised but Duncan did warn me that whilst he had shaped them I would have to finish the shaping off myself. They arrived and I have to say that Duncan was not quite correct. They fitted perfectly and required no finishing from me at all. Duncan is a top craftsman and an all round nice bloke who makes a quality product and provides great customer service. I have done a nice acid etch to the blade that has left an almost damascus look to it. The knife is now unique and made to my specs and is all I will need in the outdoors. Can't recommend him highly enough and I suspect Adrian Rose will back me up on this one pretty quickly.

Dan XF
29-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi guys, sorry but I don't have the ability to turn pics into digital so no photos i'm afraid.

AdrianRose
29-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Which blade did you get Dan?

Was it the XL camp nessie?

Ade

AdrianRose
29-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Sorry mate, just read your original post again and saw that you said it was the DJP blade.

:)

Ade

AdrianRose
29-08-2012, 09:09 PM
For those of you that want a picture of the blade, here it is......

Ade

AL...
29-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Nice lookin knife I like it :) Thanks for the pic Ade

Cheers
AL