PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy's Forest

AdrianRose
17-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi folks

Anybody watched the series "Jimmys Forest" on More4. It's been on a Monday night for the last 2 weeks.

Not sure if they are repeats or not but it's great. For those of you that haven't seen it, look out for two things.

1. His tree house
2. "Badger Ham"!

Ade

luresalive
17-08-2012, 07:29 PM
If you want to watch it online http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jimmys-forest/episode-guide

Ben Casey
17-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I watched it I wrote to him a couple of years ago about running some bushcraft in his wood and he blew me out said he was working on something along the same lines :)
I won't say what I think :D

jus_young
17-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Been watching this one and it is quite interesting. A mix of different themes without going too heavy in any particular area, and the badger ham was amusing.

Definately recommend.

ANGOF
18-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I have enjoyed them so far, any mainstream tv show that shows people eating rabbits and squirrels is good with me :)

GwersyllaCnau
18-08-2012, 10:45 AM
My son is obsessed with it, I've enjoyed them but after the 4th time in one day it tends to grind a bit LOL

Ashley Cawley
18-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah I've watched the first couple of episodes, was nice to see Will Lord in the last episode.

I found the dissection of the Woodpecker's head most interesting, refreshing to see something like that on TV and taught me something about their anatomy :)

Badger-ham cracked me up, I've not tried it yet, but cooked in the ground whilst covered in a really thick piece of pastry? Was it cooked properly? Didn't look like it went down well!

I watched it I wrote to him a couple of years ago about running some bushcraft in his wood and he blew me out said he was working on something along the same lines :)
I won't say what I think :DIt's actually his land then is it? I thought it might have been someone else's seeing as the tree-house seemed to be a surprise/new to his friends & family.

JonnyP
18-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up Adrian, and the link Lures.. Just watched the first two episodes. I like progs like that where various experts in different fields are called in.
It did make me laugh getting that big crane into the wood to erect a giant fly paper.
Nice to see ferreting on tv too.

It looks like Jimmy has become more successful nowdays. He was struggling to make ends meet in one of the last progs I saw him in, a few years ago.

Ben Casey
18-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi Mate if it is the farm I'm thinking about in Suffolk I could be wrong though (If Iam Whoops and then sorry for my post) :D I wrote of to one ot them the one in Suffolk about being able to use his woods and an idea I had. But like I say he wrote back saying he had something on the go along the same lines. I have the letter or email somewhere :)
I will have a look and see if I can find it as it has me wondering now.
But like I say if I'm worng then accept my apology one and all :)

Yeah I've watched the first couple of episodes, was nice to see Will Lord in the last episode.

I found the dissection of the Woodpecker's head most interesting, refreshing to see something like that on TV and taught me something about their anatomy :)

Badger-ham cracked me up, I've not tried it yet, but cooked in the ground whilst covered in a really thick piece of pastry? Was it cooked properly? Didn't look like it went down well!

It's actually his land then is it? I thought it might have been someone else's seeing as the tree-house seemed to be a surprise/new to his friends & family.