PDA

View Full Version : vargo hexagon titanium wood stove... is it any good?

jack_in_the_green
31-12-2010, 09:59 PM
hi all, been looking at getting a vargo hexagon titanium wood stove, primarily because of its small size and weight, what i want to know is...

a) is it any good? (ie worth the money)

b) i want to carry it in an army issue 90 pattern water bottle pouch with my bottle and crusader cup... will it fit in?

any input will be much appreciated, thanks. paul.

Martin
31-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Only two words required in answer to your question:

Honey Stove

Martin ;)

jack_in_the_green
31-12-2010, 10:20 PM
ah, which i have also looked at but... will it fit in the pouch because the specs on the BPL website say it is 15cm across the base which is 6 inches and that is too wide to go in. i know it sounds anal but i like to carry my basic kit in pouches on a belt and want something that's going to fit in my bottle pouch so i can keep all my cooking kit together...

Martin
31-12-2010, 11:04 PM
ah, which i have also looked at but... will it fit in the pouch because the specs on the BPL website say it is 15cm across the base which is 6 inches and that is too wide to go in. i know it sounds anal but i like to carry my basic kit in pouches on a belt and want something that's going to fit in my bottle pouch so i can keep all my cooking kit together...

:D Not anal at all Paul. If it's right, it's right.

Do you mean on the canteen webbing pouch? If so, I have one and could check with Ashley to see if his stove would fit in it. I guess you've checked out the Honey Stove review? The guys are really taken with the Honey Stove, I should add that I don't have one having forked out on a Bushbuddy Cooker which I'm very pleased with, and they have been using different configurations this last couple of days and also using a meths burner as an alternative fuel source.

Bugger!! That was more than two words. :D

Martin

EDIT: Ooh, was that the first post of the New Year??? ;)

jack_in_the_green
31-12-2010, 11:31 PM
ha! looks like it may be... yeah, the british issue pouch, it has a small slip pocket in the front of it, just thought it would be an ideal place to store it. if you could speak to ashley and find out i would be very grateful, it's always handy to know everything you can about a new piece of kit before parting with your hard earned to purchase it... thanks, paul.

p.s. second post of the new year lol!

maxinpains
26-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Vargo hexagon titanium is one of the biggest Brand new ground breaking innovations on Solo-camping kit world.
It is Light, durable, Small & one "can set it up in a sec" Unlike any another products. & it is totally Fuel free!!!!
There are too many items on the market but it is totally out of the world invention. The guy who created is total genius!!

maxinpains
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
.....But, if I'm Living in Uk I'll take Honey stove right away.....LOL

klause
01-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Ive been looking at them both - can't make my mind up....

maxinpains
01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I'll Take Take the Honey stove....You live in UK!!!
If i were in UK I'll take The Honey stove with a heart beat..
forget!! Vargo hexagon titanium wood stove, man. But, It was only available for me at the time in US.

Yes, I do Own a Vargo Hexagon titanium wood stove for my set up.

Pro's are.....

It's folds flat, Light, & Rust free....

One genius design.....& Very Stable on the ground. It is actually a COPY from the real originator....( It is a inside Joke..) LOL)

Uses both alcohol,fondue type fuel cans, meth & yes the wood twigs for the fuels. It is multi fuel stove...lol
so in a case, you runs out of alcohol fuels you still have hope of back up plan B & it's free (if there is something to burn with).... .

If there no fuel shops available around your camping areas...that's mostly the case for me...LOL

I own Tin can hobo stoves...like everybody eless here & foldable military meth stoves too. But this thing dose still takes spaces in my bag & one rusts easily, & too tall & not stable on grounds.....

So I feel great. I can add something eles for left over spaces in my bag instead .

You just Take it out from the bag.... Zip!!!! Plop! then Baaam! now, you are ready to ignite the fire! your highness. lol

It Just takes a Second!!!

Now you are ready for the Controled fire in field & for the enviroments & not much worries of causing terrible Forrest wild fires with your too large bonfire for nothing ...... Oh my! LOL

Cleaning is easy as breeze.... Just wipe it with splash of water & baking soda When it needed too.

Clean burnt Ashes now ready to goes back to the the grounds for the future plants nutrients.....Ahhhh.... the cycle of life...( Dear My Father in Heaven...... Dad!!!! ! I was a stupid son.)

Con's are ....Besides the ingenious design of all .....It is bit pricy...for just a fold-able titanium metal container....LOL & The quality from the factory country isn't that great. the materials & designs are so great though...

& You can see many little flaws here & there in constructions ....

Yes...It is " Made in China" ....sigh.... That's why...

It should have made in Japan , UK , or US....? it won't have that head aches...

Just take a look at "Snow peaks"'s titanium cook wares!

It's totally flawless ! because those are "made in Japan" They are always top notch. they makes everything like fine Jewries with responsibilty ..

ahhhh! They are smarter & better, & much Kind in nature ....lol

So far I've got any problems "beside" the qualities with my Vargo stove & with adding some touch ups by myself. It serves me soo great so far like a good trusted old friends grinning with winning smiles at night...lol or You can look at it as an hated old girl friend of yours with someone's big fat genetically modified foods laden babies welcoming your little twigs with her big ol' Dirty flap door with little cute fire inside in dark... makes me great smiles & makes me shout in wild "actually!? I was an One luckiest bustard who've left her !!!" ....LMAO!!

Yes, I can recommended to anybody who needs a convenient stove like this one. This Vargo hexagon titanium wood stove is suitable & perfect for one person, solo adventure trips. but If you need a expandable foldable stove with top notch constructions you can check out " the honey stove" it is an "Totally"came from another dimensions.. It's A wonderful stove too.
From Insider joke... Quote -" Both of them are created at same time & By same individual....A Point was To STOP Silly boy's Wild fires & destroying our last resort called Mother Nature..."

Thank you for reading & Have a wonderful camping time !

Compare them By yourself... Just Watch this videos below! Decision is totally " UP to You!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE1FNmAWOoY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOE1haJfb8