PDA

View Full Version : Le Stroud - Off the Grid

CanadianMike
25-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Am it might be posted around here somewhere, did a search and didn't see a link, just a mention of it buried in a thread, but here it is in it's own thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRn_VSuOdlc&feature=related

jus_young
25-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks Mike. That was good watching and I take my hat off to them for actually making the decision to do this. Its something I would love to do but I can't see it ever being a reality unless the Lottery win comes in. Not sure about moving that far away from the town either, I would do it if I was on my own but never with the family. And then of course there is the small problem of finding 150 acres of wooded wilderness... this is the UK, I don't think it exists!!!

happybonzo
26-07-2012, 05:34 AM
I only have one reservation about the Strouds wishing to live "off grid" and that is their having young children.
Children need other children to learn how to behave around others. I have known kids that have grown up in similar environments, ie blue water gypsies, and the kids have always been a bit unbalanced

CanadianMike
26-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I haven't finished watching it yet, but I did feel for the kids, especially his son, about their want to do what they did, taking him away from friends, normal childhood, etc.

AL...
26-07-2012, 04:03 PM
That was a cool program I think they are goin about it the right way (Lucky Beggers) :)
Given the choice ... Well its no choice realy I would be in the woods
As for the kids they still go to there dance and sports stuff and Im sure there will be a herd of kids out there over the summer months on amasing sleep overs.
Cheers
AL

ian c
26-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Just finished watching it for the 2nd time, wish i could do something like that myself, i envy them but wish them all the best, and keeps on updating on their progress.

Wolfmaan
18-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Les Stroud is a pretty cool bloke