PDA

View Full Version : Comparing six stoves

GwersyllaCnau
09-07-2012, 06:39 AM
A video of my six stoves. Including the 'Dragon' (coleman 533) as promised to biker bri.

http://youtu.be/U3WuusJ6Xrk

ian c
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Good to see a comparisonon the different types of stove and how well they work thank you.

rosseveritt
09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Thx for sharing, very informative. :)

biker-bri
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Take that Coleman to the nearest army firing range and get them to put a round through it, preferably full of fuel and pressurised or do like I did and give it to someone you don't like :evilgrin:
Good vid nice to see you and your lad working together - reminds me of my youth when all I did was get in my dad's way :D
I use the army trangia burner with a gelert copper based saucepan and an old drill tin as the stove base it boiled much quicker than the large ally saucepan that makes up the sat, I will test time's and take pic's tomorrow.
Cheers Mark that Coleman brought back lots of bad memories. Bri

Kernowek Scouser
09-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Very handy video fella T^

biker-bri
10-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Take that Coleman to the nearest army firing range and get them to put a round through it, preferably full of fuel and pressurised or do like I did and give it to someone you don't like :evilgrin:
Good vid nice to see you and your lad working together - reminds me of my youth when all I did was get in my dad's way :D
I use the army trangia burner with a gelert copper based saucepan and an old drill tin as the stove base it boiled much quicker than the large ally saucepan that makes up the sat, I will test time's and take pic's tomorrow.
Cheers Mark that Coleman brought back lots of bad memories. Bri

Oops, Oh no It didn't, It took just as long as the army trangia that Mark used. "Well slap my thigh and call me Shirley" I didn't expect that, well you learn something new every day (I just learned that I shouldn't have put that quote in )
I suppose that time fly's when your out in the woods. Hear's some pics of the test I did today. 4990499149924993

AL...
10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Thats a cracking wee stove bri Where did ye get that one?

Cheers
AL

biker-bri
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I'v had the tin for years Al - I worked in engineering for 30 year's and I collect tools like some people collect stamps, anyway I made a stove out of a ally wind shield but it was a bit unstable, and as the drills had migrated from the tin
to a drawer in my tool chest, I decided that it would make a good overnight stove plenty of space for a brew kit lighter and other bits n bobs. The pan supports fold down to either end of the tin leaving a large open space and the 2 black
knobs tighten everything up - they just get in the way when you are trying to stuff it into a full Bergen. Cheers Bri

AL...
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Its the dogs bits Bri .. Well done on a great idea mate.
Looks real stable too real cool bit of kit.

Cheers
AL

Kernowek Scouser
10-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Nice stove Bri, looks very handy :happy-clapping:

biker-bri
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks but it,s not a new idea, I have seen stoves made from tobacco tins with folding pot stands - using boot polish tins as the burner, much smaller but no room for a brew kit . Cheers Bri

AL...
11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh you have just given me an Idea . :D :happy-clapping:

Cheers
AL

biker-bri
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Look's like Al has disappeared into the depth's of his workshop searching for the elusive "IDEA!" he may never be heard from again :( he will be missed

AL...
12-07-2012, 12:17 AM
haha!! Na Im still kickin about BUT I have found an old boot polish tin and a baccy tin Just got to find something to make the brackets out of now :D

Cheers
AL

biker-bri
12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
5001 This is the one I saw , cheers Bri