PDA

View Full Version : Asaklitt 2 litre hydration bladder - total failure

FishyFolk
07-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Purchased this at Clas ohlson here in the land of fjords. Clas Ohlson UK also sell it for aprox 6-7£

The bladder is fairly thin walled, but looks like it will last a season or two with some care. But I have had it for a few days only so can't really judge the durability.
Nor will I get the chance to, because of the foul chemical taste of any liquid you may have the misfortune to pour into it. I took a few sips from it, and now an hour later I can still feel the after taste of it, and my tongue actully feels a little numb!

I'd stay clear of this one, and actually wen't an bought myself a Norwegian army canteen instead at the cost of 2£

The bladder is going back to the shop tomorrow...

JEEP
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I have experienced the same with other cheap hydration bladders and water bottles.

I usually use lexan/tritan or stainless steel bottles; no nasty (known) chemicals and no nasty taste and odour,

FishyFolk
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I have experienced the same with other cheap hydration bladders and water bottles.

I usually use lexan/tritan or stainless steel bottles; no nasty (known) chemicals and no nasty taste and odour,

Never had the problem before so it took me by surprise. Won't stop me from going to CO and moan about it. Also it's the first Asaklitt product that has failed me.
The other stuff they have is usually fairly good for their price range. But with cheap stuff you can't luck out every time.

Not with pricey stuff either for that matter. It only gives you more heartache when it fails. With cheap stuff you kind of expect it not to be the kit of a life time :-)

Dan XF
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I have recently bought the lifeventure stainless bottles for less than £10 each. However today I saw some cheap 1 litre alu bottles in Halfords. I don't usually think of them as a camping shop but they are doing some cheap cookware sets in there at the mo.

paulthefish2009
08-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Dan try pound land,I got some 500ml ally bottles there the other day,nicely made with a good seal. Paul

AL...
08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I got a couple of them a few weeks ago Paul They are great

Cheers
AL

Hushwing
08-06-2012, 07:28 PM
they are great - one I have does have a seal that flattens a bit and therefore a slight leak but I just don't give it that final part turn and all is okay - the others have been faultless. Nearly got another today but I thought if I got one of those then the tiffin tins next to them would get lonely so I held off!

FishyFolk
16-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I hate it when I make purchases that fail like this. So I gave it a second chance, and googled the problem. Tried the following:

1/2 cup of baking soda mixed in a 2/3 full bladder. Close cap and shake to mix, leave for 30 minutes
Add lemon juice. Shake out and rinse. bad taste from water, gone. Can use bladder :-)