PDA

View Full Version : The Generations

Old Guard
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
My Son, Grandson, myself and 2 friends spent the last 4 days at "The Lone Wolf" Campsite (Glyn y Mul Farm) Neath, South Wales.

This is a farm with traditional campsite, but also has a wood that is for Wild Camping. The owner Ian was very helpful and welcoming. Fires are allowed, provided you bring your own wood (there are large bags of wood for sale at the site).

Although the weather was poor, we had a good time. We have decided to leave all tents behind and only use tarps for shelter.

We decided to dismiss any of the spots near the rivers edge and opted for a nearly level ! spot higher up a slope. This was for safety as the river was starting to run faster as the rain increased and we had 2 six year olds with us.

This was the second time I had hung a hammock and I was very pleased with the sleep I got. It is a TW travel Hammock, with a DD 3x3 Tarp. I'm using Amsteel loops with 'D' Buckles and webbing straps. The rest of the gear was pretty basic, ex-Army bashas for the Lads and a Parachute shelter as a 'Mess' area. The fire was built for cooking and reflecting a bit of heat into the shelter.

We took home 2 very happy boys who want to do it again, so that was a result and a bonus was we didnt see the Queen, or Union Flags for 4 days.

OG4700470147024703

JEEP
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
T^

Ben Casey
05-06-2012, 02:43 PM
It looks like real good fun there :)

comanighttrain
05-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey I like the parachute shelter! Looks like a pretty awesome camp out!

Scott
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Looks like you had a good time there. Myself and Ash went there years ago also very bad weather, we set up next to the river which was a bit of a mistake as the river decided to rise (a lot) over night. We had to retreat to the fields for the second night.

Old Guard
05-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Looks like you had a good time there. Myself and Ash went there years ago also very bad weather, we set up next to the river which was a bit of a mistake as the river decided to rise (a lot) over night. We had to retreat to the fields for the second night.

Funny you should mention that river, a group of guys arrived to set up next to it and while setting up a sleeping bag rolled down into the river and was swept away. Three guys stripped down and chased it ........... Must have been an expensive bag !!! (I sure as heck wouldn't have attempted that)

AL...
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Real nice set up there OG
Looks like it was a fantastic 4 days and a real adventure for the young uns :)

Cheers
AL