PDA

View Full Version : alexanders

marcus1978anthony
30-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Alexanders with Chilli-cheese Sauce Recipe from Britain Origin: Britain Period: Modern This is a modern British recipe for a classic vegetarian dish of alexanders shoots cooked in vegetable stock that's served with a white sauce flavoured with Gouda cheese and chillies. Ingredients: 5 handfuls of alexanders shoots 250ml vegetable stock 2 onions, finely chopped 2 tbsp oil for frying 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 tsp hot chilli powder freshly-ground black pepper, to taste 100g breadcrumbs 500ml milk 100g Gouda cheese 3 tbsp single cream juice of 1 lemon Alexanders with Chilli-cheese Sauce Preparation: Method: Chop the alexanders into small pieces then bring half the vegetable stock to a boil, add the Alexanders and cook for about 12 minutes, or until tender. In the meantime prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Mix in the chilli powder, black pepper and then the breadcrumbs. Fry for about 2 minutes before adding the milk and bringing the mixture to a boil. Add the remainder of the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese into the sauce mixture (add a little more milk if the sauce is too thick) then stir in the cream and bring the mixture back to a simmer (do not allow to boil). Take off the heat and stir in the lemon juice just as you are about to serve. Drain the alexanders, arrange on a serving dish then pour over the sauce and serve.

Read more at Celtnet: http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/fetch-recipe.php?rid=misc-alexanders-chilli-cheese-sauce
Copyright © celtnet

Realearner
30-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Tried alexanders raw and cooked and the taste is great, so if I get time I might see if I can find some more and try this out..