PDA

View Full Version : Underquilt idea

allytk
18-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Has anyone tried using a net hammock with a sleeping bag attached as an underquilt? Have an old bag and net so i will try this out. Just was intrested to see if it had been done/is possible.

Cheers Ally

allytk
18-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Failed miserably. Just going to buy a down underquilt as a treat to myself

Kernowek Scouser
18-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I was having a random conversation with a fella in a surplus store last week and he was telling me he has home made sleep set up. A hammock fashioned from an old parachute, that can double as a bivi bag (a bit like the DD Travel) a US style poncho liner, which can be used as a hammock underquilt when swinging or as a sleeping bag when ground dwelling and poncho which he uses as his basha. This sleep system, in its entirety, apparently packs down to the size of a rugby ball.

I did ask what he did about a sleep mat, for comfort, but he stared at me silently for an awkward moment, then informed me that sleep mats were for girls, before stalking out of the shop with a newly purchased respirator/haversack type bag (which would presumably be ideal for fitting a rugby ball into).

Interesting chap, with an interesting idea regarding sleep set ups.

Anyway, I'm no expert in the field of swinging, but I reckon if you already have an old bag and net, it is definitely worth seeing if your idea will work, as the principal of what you are proposing makes sense to me.

Good Luck.

Colin

AdrianRose
18-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Anyway, I'm no expert in the field of swinging, but I reckon if you already have an old bag and ......

Colin

Insert your own jokes here folks!!

:) :) :)

Ade.

allytk
18-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Just had trouble gettin the net/bag Combo to hang right

jus_young
18-06-2012, 08:43 PM
insert your own jokes here folks!!

:) :) :)

ade.

pmsl!!!

Wrighty28
18-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Failed miserably. Just going to buy a down underquilt as a treat to myself

hahahahahahaha reading both posts together for the first time, i was wondering hmmm on the first and then the answer came hahaha