PDA

View Full Version : 5 months work

bikebum1975
21-04-2012, 09:28 PM
These are all that I am working on all in various stages most spoons are close to being done got a lot of sanding on them before oil time lot of them had to wait a while cause of being green wood but here is everything laid out and yes the very large piece on the right hand side is going to be a decorative spoon one my mom requested

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/commissioned%20spoons/100_3807.jpg

Close up of my tools less the axes

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/commissioned%20spoons/100_3806.jpg

AL...
21-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Thats a lot of work there BB
Lookin good mate

Cheers
AL

m0txr
21-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I bet a few blisters too. Looks great though.

Tony1948
21-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Wot you been doing the rest of the time BB? sitting about:happy-clapping:

Kernowek Scouser
21-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Looks like you have been and will be fairly busy, fair play fella T^

As a fledgling wood carver myself, if I could be really cheeky, it would be really helpful for me in my own efforts, if you could name and briefly detail when/why/how you would use each of the three none crook knives.

Cheers,

Colin

bikebum1975
22-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Looks like you have been and will be fairly busy, fair play fella T^

As a fledgling wood carver myself, if I could be really cheeky, it would be really helpful for me in my own efforts, if you could name and briefly detail when/why/how you would use each of the three none crook knives.

Cheers,

Colin

Yep I have it's been fun and a learning experience at that. Hmm kinda best thing I could say is watch a couple spoon carving videos on youtube there are tons of them out there one of the best guys to watch is Jon Mac. Only real thing I can say is when you cut with the knife best to go across the grain with small strokes don't try to take a ton off at one shot. It's pretty easy to get the hang of but get a decent softish wood something good to start would be birch. Give it a go you should be able to catch on quick it's addicting to.