PDA

View Full Version : Air rifle for sale.

JonnyP
17-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators.

Some of you may of seen this at the RV. Its a Cometa fenix 400s. I have had it about 2 or 3 years and its had (I guess) around 1500 to 2000 pellets through it.
The gun works a treat and packs a punch. Its all standard, apart from me removing the old varnish and giving the stock (beech) some life back with a few coats of tung oil.
Anyone welcome to come and try it, but it will only be sold to whoom I deem a sensible user, ie someone who ain't gonna use it for scaring the old lady next door, or for shooting the swallows off their perch etc etc..
It cost me just over £200 new and the scope was about £20
Ideally, it could do with a better scope, but it works..

I am after £90.00 for it

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/DSCF0795.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/DSCF0794.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/DSCF0793.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/DSCF0792.jpg

Basha72
17-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Wish I had the spare cash ......damm it lol

Dave

Realearner
17-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Wish I was closer, good luck on the sale though, nice looking gun.

JonnyP
15-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Bumpety bump..!

Raven
23-05-2012, 09:22 PM
You still selling this JP?

JonnyP
24-05-2012, 08:55 AM
You still selling this JP?

Sure am chap :0)

aman
24-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice looking gun for the money. I wish I had the spare cash

Bodhi2012
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Would you be interested in swapping for some bushcraft gear ?

JonnyP
05-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Would you be interested in swapping for some bushcraft gear ?

Could be, but got most of what I need.. What are you offering..?

Bodhi2012
05-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I have 2 lots of kit, 1x 60l Bergen, 1x Tarp, 1x Bivvi Bag, 1x Folding Shovel, 1x 4 Seasons Doss Bag, 2x Tarp Poles, all new, got them for my Mrs but she wants a tent coz of creepy crawlies LOL. It's a shame they as the gear is just collecting dust.

Silverback
05-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Im interested JP but its a hell of a long way to come for a rifle, unless I can camp in your garden and time it with my summer hols
;);)

JonnyP
06-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I have 2 lots of kit, 1x 60l Bergen, 1x Tarp, 1x Bivvi Bag, 1x Folding Shovel, 1x 4 Seasons Doss Bag, 2x Tarp Poles, all new, got them for my Mrs but she wants a tent coz of creepy crawlies LOL. It's a shame they as the gear is just collecting dust.

Sorry, I have all that at least twice myself.

Sapper.. I could look into how much it would cost to post the gun via courier, but if you are down this way you are welcome to come round and try before you buy.

Silverback
06-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I have all that at least twice myself.

Sapper.. I could look into how much it would cost to post the gun via courier, but if you are down this way you are welcome to come round and try before you buy.

If you could Jonny that would be cool. We are undecided whether to head north or south on our summer travels this year, have trailer tent and want to roam:happy-clapping:

Silverback
31-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Did you ever look into the courier price ? I'm thinking of getting my son a rifle

JonnyP
01-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Did you ever look into the courier price ? I'm thinking of getting my son a rifle

Sorry Sapper I didn't. I have had some interest in this recently and someone is coming down to pick it up this weekend..

Silverback
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
no dramas, I'd be looking for something lighter probably anyway. Hes a very good shot so I'm hoping to steer him towards competition shooting

JonnyP
01-08-2012, 12:24 PM
no dramas, I'd be looking for something lighter probably anyway. Hes a very good shot so I'm hoping to steer him towards competition shooting

Keep an eye on the airgun forums, something may come up over your way.. :0)

JonnyP
16-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Due to someone on another forum who said they wanted this and then not showing up, this gun is still for sale..
Apologies to those on here who contacted me recently, inquiring about it..

Silverback
16-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Check out the postage costs please

NeedABrew
16-08-2012, 08:32 PM
If Sapper wants it then fair enough - he showed interest first, but I would be very interested and am happy to pay asking price plus delivery costs. If you could find a total weight I can get a price for courier delivery to anywhere in the UK or even organise pick up (quite happy to do that on Sapper's behalf too - I have access to some very reasonably priced shipping companies and discounts through the 'big boys').

JonnyP
16-08-2012, 08:52 PM
If Sapper wants it then fair enough - he showed interest first, but I would be very interested and am happy to pay asking price plus delivery costs. If you could find a total weight I can get a price for courier delivery to anywhere in the UK or even organise pick up (quite happy to do that on Sapper's behalf too - I have access to some very reasonably priced shipping companies and discounts through the 'big boys').

Thats good of you.. I do not have much of a clue about posting guns. It weighs about 2.5kg, so with packaging I reckon it will be just over 3kg.

North Tyne
16-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi all

I send some of my rifles for servicing to the manufacturers. Make sure it is well packed and with plenty of bubble wrap. I tend to use Parcelforce and with insurance costs about £14. Just take it to your local post office and they should be happy to help. I hope this helps.
All the best.

JonnyP
17-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi all

I send some of my rifles for servicing to the manufacturers. Make sure it is well packed and with plenty of bubble wrap. I tend to use Parcelforce and with insurance costs about £14. Just take it to your local post office and they should be happy to help. I hope this helps.
All the best.
Thanks for that.. What do you write where it asks whats inside. I have heard if you write air rifle, they can refuse to take it..

ANGOF
17-08-2012, 03:11 PM
You cant send rifles with parcelforce, you have to use standard parcels and you cant get any insurance or tracking with that, will cost about £15.

Pack and well and prey the PO look after it

NeedABrew
17-08-2012, 04:11 PM
myHermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/Home/homepage/) will ship it for under a tenner in 3-5 days, signed for at the other end, and insured up to £150.

Their Excluded items & Prohibited good section says...

--------------------------
Explosives

Any chemical compound, mixture or device capable of producing an explosive-pyrotechnic effect, with substantial instantaneous release of heat and gas. E.g. Ammunition, Blasting Caps, Fireworks, Flares, Fuses, Igniters and Nitroglycerine.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon are also prohibited.

Well if you ask me an air rifle doesn't really fit into the above but we can always ask and say it's drain rods or something if an air rifle is a no no :guns:

JonnyP
22-08-2012, 06:17 PM
myHermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/Home/homepage/) will ship it for under a tenner in 3-5 days, signed for at the other end, and insured up to £150.

Their Excluded items & Prohibited good section says...

Explosives

Any chemical compound, mixture or device capable of producing an explosive-pyrotechnic effect, with substantial instantaneous release of heat and gas. E.g. Ammunition, Blasting Caps, Fireworks, Flares, Fuses, Igniters and Nitroglycerine.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon are also prohibited.

Well if you ask me an air rifle doesn't really fit into the above but we can always ask and say it's drain rods or something if an air rifle is a no no :guns:

Sapper..?

Silverback
22-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I cant commit to it now so needabrew can have it if he wants

JonnyP
24-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Gun sold.

AL...
24-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Great news Jonny :)

Cheers
AL

JonnyP
24-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Great news Jonny :)

Cheers
AL
Cheers Al :0)

AL...
24-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Cheers Al :0)

NO problem mate . Hope yer getten better day by day :)

Cheers
AL

JonnyP
24-08-2012, 01:31 PM
NO problem mate . Hope yer getten better day by day :)

Cheers
AL

Staples are out and I am healing up well thanks. Getting bored doing nothing though. I am on blood thinners, so can't do any carving, just in case :0(

AL...
24-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Good to hear and understand about the carving. Ye could try a bit of scetching or painting .
Theres nothin worse than having to just sit and heal up lol . Take care mate

Cheers
AL

Silverback
24-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Staples are out and I am healing up well thanks. Getting bored doing nothing though. I am on blood thinners, so can't do any carving, just in case :0(

Hope youre ok Jonny

JonnyP
24-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Hope youre ok Jonny

Doing well thanks :0) Just had a lump and part of my small intestine removed. Its amazing what they did, and how soon I am up and about again after surgery.