PDA

View Full Version : my first attempt at DD hammock n tarp.

m0txr
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
A quick vid,(only my 2nd vid ever) ,of me hanging and pitching my hammock n tarp, last frame is a fungi, wondering what it is, also got a pick of a fungi i think is called babys ears. I will post the pic of that one soon as. Mac

ps i know its prussic and evenk, i was just being giddy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQR9SMe1V1I

Martin
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Ha ha, cool video. It's lovely to see people getting out there and enjoying themselves.

Martin

Ben Casey
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Cool love the bit near the end but can you eat them funghi?

Realearner
12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Good man, I am hoping to have my first pitch next week, don't have a video but will try and take some stills and post here T^

AdrianRose
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Mac

Great video mate, for your first attempt that is a bloody good set up. When i first started using hammocks, my backside spent more time on the floor than the grass did!!

The fungi at the end looks like a fungi called "Many Zoned Polypore" or possibly "Turkey Tailed Polypore", sorry to say that they are not edible mate.

Ade

rich290185
12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
brill gota go out and have a play with mine soon

Mick
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Nice vid Mac, great to see the young one getting involved too.
Your voice sounded familiar ! maybe we`v spoke before.
M0PVA

Howling Dingo
12-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Lol..good fun,!!

Tony1948
12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Good vidio did you spend the knight out there?:campfire:

m0txr
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Sadly, no i didnt stay out. I would of but have appointment at 9am tomorrow (friday) . Thanks for all the comments everyone, i cant wait to get out again now. Also Martin thanks for the edit so that it shows the video and not just the link to it. Mac

PS Hi Mick, the callsign seems familiar yes, so maybe we have spoke or worked on the key even. To be honest its been a while since i was last on air, protocol issues and abuse of priveledges, M6/ 2e etc, need i say more spoils it at present for me. 73 de m0txr.

m0txr
13-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh forgot to mention, dont forget your ridge line when packing up. I never did........ok,ok i did, i got to the van then realised id left it tied up still. Went back and discovered a couple of walkers looking up at it in awe as to wether it was some sort of sex swing for breeding squirells, or tightrope act. Anyhow it taught (excuse the pun) to be more vigilant in future as regards the line. Mac

chris g
13-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Far better than my first attempt! It involved the hammock breaking me rolling doown a hill and waking up to not know where the heck I was!

Good luck on your next attempt.

alvino78
13-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Great vid mac!!! i have the same set up and always found it more than adequate!! looks to me you'll soon be getting your daughter one lol i know my lads love mine!

garethw
14-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Oh forgot to mention, dont forget your ridge line when packing up. I never did........ok,ok i did, i got to the van then realised id left it tied up still. Went back and discovered a couple of walkers looking up at it in awe as to wether it was some sort of sex swing for breeding squirells, or tightrope act. Anyhow it taught (excuse the pun) to be more vigilant in future as regards the line. Mac

Hi there
Glad you're enjoying your new kit.. I have a similar set up and have forgotten my ridgeline on a couple of occasions when setting it up like you did. I now use the tarp set up in this link : http://www.louisecainphotography.co.uk/bushblade/tarp_and_hammock.pdf I find it quicker and easier to set up and it packs away smaller.
I find also if you hank the corner guys on each side together, instead of individually it is easier to fold....
cheers
Gareth

alvino78
14-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi there
Glad you're enjoying your new kit.. I have a similar set up and have forgotten my ridgeline on a couple of occasions when setting it up like you did. I now use the tarp set up in this link : http://www.louisecainphotography.co.uk/bushblade/tarp_and_hammock.pdf I find it quicker and easier to set up and it packs away smaller.
I find also if you hank the corner guys on each side together, instead of individually it is easier to fold....
cheers

Gareth

Great instructional link!!!!!:happy-clapping:

m0txr
14-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, thanks for that great link.Mac

Ben Casey
14-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Cool link but t doesnt all seem to load for me I'm going to keep trying tho :D