PDA

View Full Version : One of mine, for all us poor buggers who get stuck in the city.

KaiTheIronHound
27-03-2012, 12:05 PM
So, because i live in the city, i have an annoyingly difficult time making supplies like charcloth. So, here's how i make charcloth using a barbecue. I dunno if this has been done before on the forum, if it has, i appologise. If not, i hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEL6Mq9VywI&feature=g-upl&context=G2483d57AUAAAAAAAAAA

Proventurer
28-03-2012, 07:00 AM
So, because i live in the city, i have an annoyingly difficult time making supplies like charcloth. So, here's how i make charcloth using a barbecue. I dunno if this has been done before on the forum, if it has, i appologise. If not, i hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEL6Mq9VywI&feature=g-upl&context=G2483d57AUAAAAAAAAAA

So kai, is there a part 2 to this?
You did not finish the process of making char cloth, do you seal the bag, what's the cooling times, etc?
I was really in to your tutorial, before you wandered a bit, otherwise, good on you for adapting to your living conditions whilst still pursuing your passsion for Bushcraft!

KaiTheIronHound
29-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Could have sworn i mentioned to seal the bag except for a small hole, and also to let it cool before opening... Ahh well, will do it over again properly. Thanks for pointing out the flaws.

Marvell
29-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Did you know ... another way of making char cloth is to set fire to some cloth and quickly put it in a sealed jar.

KaiTheIronHound
30-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Yep, that works, but i'm pretty sure the bodycorporate of our appartment building would take umbridge to me lighting fires on the veranda. :P

Marvell
30-03-2012, 02:05 AM
They have no sense of fun :)

JEEP
30-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Excellent demonstration! Thanks for sharing.

KaiTheIronHound
30-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Cheers mate, i reckon i need to make things a tad clearer... Ahh well, running low on charcloth anyway, will need to make more soon!