PDA

View Full Version : Lidl Fishing Tackle heads up

Pryderi
06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Lidl currently have fishing tackle on sale
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=29094

Primerib
07-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Already had some of the Lidl Tackle...appears to be the same Products in the UK. The Quality is fair enough but especially the lures and shads are quite a disappointment. Although I probably would go for the offer of the 50 Glowsticks! That is amazingly cheap! At my fishing tackle dealer i have to pay bout 50cents just for one. If for fishing use or outdoor - having two or three small glowsticks as emergency back up light in your pack is probably not a bad idea. One could clip one to the top of your tent or mark the dunny hole so nobody accidently steps in the poop at night. Bunch of great uses!

Pryderi
07-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Have you ever used their hooks? They have a selection box which works out at 2p a hook. I've been stung with cheap hooks before but in my experience Lidl's quality is usually better than poundshop quality

happybonzo
07-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up - that's solved a problem

Primerib
07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I had a look at their hooks 1-2 years ago! If they are non-tied hooks they should be fine! But if they are ready tied with a flat ending i would perhaps not buy them! The line was usually to thick for the hook and the line not very flexible. I reckon the sinkers and the floats are good enough, but especially the hooks on the jigheads sucked big time! Bent open wide quickly on every little snag. I fishing i would say don't try to save to much money on hooks, swivels and line. Everything that is in direct line of tension needs to be reliable. If you only want to get a handvoll of small roach or bream...no worries..but try get out something that is more than 2 pounds and will give up a decent fight...will probably bring this stuff to it's limits. But that is my experience from 1-2 years ago! Don't know it they improved on their quality.

Pryderi
17-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I had a look at their hooks 1-2 years ago! If they are non-tied hooks they should be fine! But if they are ready tied with a flat ending i would perhaps not buy them! The line was usually to thick for the hook and the line not very flexible. I reckon the sinkers and the floats are good enough, but especially the hooks on the jigheads sucked big time! Bent open wide quickly on every little snag. I fishing i would say don't try to save to much money on hooks, swivels and line. Everything that is in direct line of tension needs to be reliable. If you only want to get a handvoll of small roach or bream...no worries..but try get out something that is more than 2 pounds and will give up a decent fight...will probably bring this stuff to it's limits. But that is my experience from 1-2 years ago! Don't know it they improved on their quality.

Thanks for that will avoid

Pryderi
17-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Aldi also currently have some fishing stuff on offer

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week11Thursday12.htm

Primerib
17-03-2012, 06:23 PM
coool! that stuff looks alright! hope we get the same stuff here at the aldi in germany! those floatsets look alright!