PDA

View Full Version : Bashing around N.Wales

shakya
27-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello i am a new member... please read introducing oneself in forum, anyway i moved to Porthmadog last summer; which as you know is just below Snowdonia. I will be biking around the area this summer. I am looking for any stealth camp opportunities within say a 40 mile radius of Porthmadog. I have done a lot of wilderness camping both through the 1980's and when i was in the forces.

I am starting fresh this summer after a lot of years overseas. I am looking at basher/tarp style of camping as i don't have much money (pensioner). I am going to sell my Brompton folder to pay for equipment, still, i have a brilliant touring bike so it is a start. If anyone has knowledge of this area i would very much appreciate the advice, i will start daily trips out looking for cheap/stealth sites next month at the same time i will make final decisions on kitting out. Thanks to this wonderful site i am already gathering some good ideas, i have been a traveller all my life in many places around the world.

All the best

John

Tony1948
27-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Good on ya John go for it.:welcome:

shakya
10-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks Tony, just finishing my kit for said travels, been out a couple of times... i think it will be hard going in this area. John (shakya)

Fletching
10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi John,

You've got one of the most beautiful parts of the UK at your doorstep! I'm quite jealous! Have you looked at the lightweight backpacking sections of the forum (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Lightweight-Backpacking)?

Steve :)

shakya
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes Steve, as i am finding out just had a ride this morning along the Morfa Bychan piece of coast although misty very wild this time of year, lots of dead wood lying around, but difficult to camp. I am nearly ready with all my kit, so i reckon i will be off as soon as the weather breaks, hoping to find some nice spots. I can't wait to put into practice some of the techniques i have picked up on Natural Bushcraft. Although Steve i get the feeling it will be difficult around here, everything seems well nailed down if you get my meaning.

John