PDA

View Full Version : Birch spoon new/old project

bikebum1975
25-02-2012, 03:29 AM
I started this a few months back when I was gifted a Mora spoon knife here is the start of it and have some pics of it now spalted birch

Out today working on a spoon for a good friend who has gifted me a Mora 164 spoon knife this is his spoon :D

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/spoons/100_2671.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/spoons/100_2670.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/spoons/100_2672.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/spoons/100_2664.jpg

Here is an update on a friends spoon had to put it off for a bit till I got a better knife for detail work the Mora was a touch to big for it lol

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/custom%20%20spoons/100_3283.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/bikebum1975/custom%20%20spoons/100_3284.jpg

AdrianRose
25-02-2012, 06:16 AM
excellent bit of work there buddy. Why cant i ever get my spoons to have a sexy handle shape like your one? lol

Ade

dfxdave
25-02-2012, 08:07 AM
very nice

bikebum1975
25-02-2012, 03:47 PM
excellent bit of work there buddy. Why cant i ever get my spoons to have a sexy handle shape like your one? lol

Ade

Just need to let the wood talk to ya follow where it wants ya to go :D

thank you to both

AdrianRose
25-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Just need to let the wood talk to ya follow where it wants ya to go :D

thank you to both

Cheers buddy.

Ade

aginek
21-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi there, I' ve just joined here and looking around but I've come across this webpage for a reason :) And that is what I'm looking for these days - and that is a birch spoon like the one above. I won't go into details of my life story kinda thing but let me just share this - I come from a tiny village in Poland, woods=my home. I came here last year and among many amazing things that are happening, these days I am finding myself missing the woods more and more. I go there every week now, but here is the thing - birch is my tree, as a kid my Gran was applying birch water to my long hair. 5 mins ago I found an online store back home still selling it and ordered few bottles, but then I've found this webpage and I am thinking I wanna learn to-what's the word here? I mean I want to learn to get the birch water from the tree. So here is what I'm looking for and maybe some of you can help me?
1. I live in Brighton - where will I find a birch forest/place near here?
2. Is there anybody near here who'd show me please?
3. Is there anybody out there who'd make a birch spoon for me if I asked? Atm I'm gathering things for my future house by the woods, that is not there yet but I'm visualising it :) And I am a total foodie and being one I need my wooden kitchen stuff.
4. I can't afford to pay with money for this spoon for now, no idea how much it would be anyway, but if someone would make a spoon for me, I am offering to bake you muffins of any kind you can think of! :) I can bake them for you on a weekly basis even - if that's what it takes to get my dream spoon. And should you get bored of muffins - I can cook/bake just about anything really, you name it.

So! I've made my wish and put it into words - so I shall now be hoping one of you lovely people out there will read this post and make a spoon for me, please? And if you decide to do it - it will be your turn to make a wish next - muffin-related wish!

May the woods be gentle with all of you,

A.

Ashley Cawley
21-03-2012, 08:35 PM
@aginek - Please be warned: this is not the way you use a forum. You do not join our community with no introduction, typing essentially a lengthy request for multiple things (for free) and then copy & paste that identicle post onto three different threads - that's not polite etiquette nor how you use a forum.

I have had users alert me to your posts thinking you are a spammer but for now I won't ban you, I'll assume English is not your first language and that you are new to using forums. I will give you a chance to introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself & Welcome to the Community! (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community!)" section and perhaps contribute a little something to the community first before merely coming here to request free tuition and crafts from our community.

aginek
21-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi Ashley, well I must say I am a bit shocked about the whole thing now - I am not a spammer, I am not a user and I had no intention to appear as someone who just walks in and asks for things for free... Please notice that I DID OFFER something in return Ashley - I wrote that at this very moment I can't afford to pay for my dream spoon, but I offered to bake muffins/cakes/make any other food on a weekly basis for someone who'd help me... And one of my questions was just a question about where the birch woods were - is that too much to ask for as well....? Really? I said I just joined the page and had some trouble figuring out what to do and how it works, then I left for work and thought I would do it later, logged in now and getting this cold shower so to say... I didn't even see there was an Introduce Yourself section, I just did not see it... I am SORRY if my post offended any of you or made any of you feel I wanted to use your skills and experience for free offering nothing in return. I did offer something... And if you go through my post, where I write about my love for the woods, about my dream spoon and how I'd love to learn to get the birch water etc. - how can you possibly assume I was a spammer or a user...? Or maybe you can and it's just my subjective opinion...
Once again - sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable out there. I do have things to offer and share, it's not money at the moment but from the very beginning I didn't even think anybody would expect it from me.
So...thanks for the warning, the second chance and the cold shower.

All the best,
Aginek

aginek
21-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Ps. Also i couldn't figure out how to upload a pic of myself; I did upload some into an album and they are nice pictures so it makes me wonder how come somebody out there think I was a spammer....uploading pictures of swans and muffins and an angel but then again - maybe it is only my very subjective opinion. A.

Tony1948
21-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Still think this is a bit strange:confused2:

Roadkillphil
22-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Still think this is a bit strange:confused2:

There is nothing strange about it, I have been chatting with aginek via pm and they are not used to how a forum works and although the content may seem open and forward, it's not spam etc. Some folks use of language may seem a little different but that never seems to have been an issue on here has it??
Anyway, let's sway this thread back to spoons....
I sharpened and sorted all my tools last night ready for some carving. It's been a coupla months since I shaved some wood and I intend to get back on it, starting with my next day out in the woods.

Roadkillphil
22-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Nice spoon btw BB ;) T^

bikebum1975
22-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice spoon btw BB ;) T^

Thanks Phil
Cheers
Jim

bikebum1975
22-03-2012, 07:41 PM
There is nothing strange about it, I have been chatting with aginek via pm and they are not used to how a forum works and although the content may seem open and forward, it's not spam etc. Some folks use of language may seem a little different but that never seems to have been an issue on here has it??
Anyway, let's sway this thread back to spoons....
I sharpened and sorted all my tools last night ready for some carving. It's been a coupla months since I shaved some wood and I intend to get back on it, starting with my next day out in the woods.

Do look forward to seein what ya carve up Bud