PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Wild Coyote Footage

Ashley Cawley
24-02-2012, 06:25 PM
This is madness, see this beautiful wild coyote test this human, he's hungry :) ...

[Warning: Contains Swearing but don't worry no one gets eaten!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI

Fletching
24-02-2012, 07:13 PM
What a beautiful beastie!

Martin
24-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Definitely Canadian. There were about 200 'Eh's' and at least one 'Oot' and an 'aboot'. :D

Martin

luresalive
24-02-2012, 07:46 PM
seen that one before, what a glorious animal!!!

Silverback
24-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Stunning creature !!! Very similar behavoir as displayed by some domestic dogs at play. Also I wonder if it was like that all those thousands of years ago when ancient peoples first formed the bond with wild dogs

jus_young
24-02-2012, 08:12 PM
That is one lovely animal and looks in fine condition aswell. But I have to ask, why was this guy enticing the coyote over then having a go at it? I don't know why he is bothering to chase it though, it runs circles around him!

Warning to anyone that reads this before playing the video -

DONT PLAY WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE AROUND AS THERE IS A FAIR BIT OF SWEARING!!! as my kids just pointed out to me :oops:

Ashley Cawley
24-02-2012, 09:30 PM
...DONT PLAY WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE AROUND AS THERE IS A FAIR BIT OF SWEARING!!! as my kids just pointed out to me :oops:LOL - can't believe you played a video titled "Coyote Attack Best Footage Ever" first time round with the kids watching! I'll put up a notice.

jus_young
24-02-2012, 10:46 PM
LOL - can't believe you played a video titled "Coyote Attack Best Footage Ever" first time round with the kids watching! I'll put up a notice.

Yeh, probably wasn't that clever :ashamed: Thought they were paying more attention to the TV at the time. If I ever tried speaking to them when their programmes are on I never get a response but when it suits them they can hear anything they want to! Must remember to keep the volume down next time.

Tony1948
24-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Just go's to show,not every Canadian is a gun toting hunter or trapper or it would of been some one's hat getting that close:guns:

treefrog
24-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Cool video, Ashley. Those coyotes are daring little buggers, eh?...you'd never see a wolf messing around with a human like that.
I skinned and stretched a coyote just last week, a bit smaller and skinnier than that one. There's a contest going on around
here this winter sponsored by a hunting supply shop--whoever submits the biggest coyote wins a gun. So far there are hundreds of entries from what I've heard.
Here there is an open season year round on coyotes...and it doesn't even put a dent in the population.

CanadianMike
24-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Definitely Canadian. There were about 200 'Eh's' and at least one 'Oot' and an 'aboot'. :D

Martin

Hehe, ya, and the snow and clean air kinda gave it away too. ;)

He's lucky there weren't others around, he'd have more than his hands full. On a side note, many coyotes around here (fingers mixed up and first two letters I hit typing that word were eh.... :) ) in the Ottawa Valley and elsewhere I'm sure, are actually coyote/wolf hybrids, so they are larger, males can weigh up to 70lbs. Not sure about that one, maybe he is too. Dunno....... wait for it......... eh?

:D

Cool video, Ashley. Those coyotes are daring little buggers, eh?...you'd never see a wolf messing around with a human like that.
I skinned and stretched a coyote just last week, a bit smaller and skinnier than that one. There's a contest going on around
here this winter sponsored by a hunting supply shop--whoever submits the biggest coyote wins a gun. So far there are hundreds of entries from what I've heard.
Here there is an open season year round on coyotes...and it doesn't even put a dent in the population.

How's your wife's Scout knife doing anyways? "Honey, can I borrow your skinning knife?" ;)

Fletching
25-02-2012, 12:50 AM
I love dogs.

treefrog
25-02-2012, 12:56 AM
How's your wife's Scout knife doing anyways? "Honey, can I borrow your skinning knife?" ;)

So I'm really jonesin' to get an overnighter at the hunt camp so I can slap together a proper video review of the knife...
but work keeps getting in the way!
I'll tell you this much, Mike... that knife was a real winner on the mid-size pelts; (beaver & coyote & fox), not so much with pelts that
need a fine point on the tip of the knife for starting legs, etc. Kept an edge real well, too.

Like I say, I'll post another video shout out to everyone and show off the knife again asap.

Fletching
25-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Hehe, ... eh?

:D

I'd love to see some of these in the wild. Not necessarily a whole bunch of 'em mind, as you suggest Mike! Whose got good experience with trail cams...any one of our Canadian cousins?

PS Mike; I used the Scout knife I got from you to dissect a chicken really easily. haven't tried it on game yet, but it ticks every single box. :)

CanadianMike
25-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Excellent, thanks. Funny you mention the point of it, I made it extra pointy for penetration compared to other knives I made (yours I knew would be a skinner, all the others are outdoors/bushcraft/utility/tactical points), almost sounds like your old Mora is the best starter knife due to the point. All good, glad you are enjoying it and it's working out great for you. Very much looking forward to whatever you put together for a video of it. Make sure you advertise yourself as one of the great Canadian trappers too....

....eh?

Lol, had to......

I'd love to see some of these in the wild. Not necessarily a whole bunch of 'em mind, as you suggest Mike! Whose got good experience with trail cams...any one of our Canadian cousins?

PS Mike; I used the Scout knife I got from you to dissect a chicken really easily. haven't tried it on game yet, but it ticks every single box. :)

Was just saying that that single coyote was trying to find a blind side on the guy, if a few more had have come out of the woods, he'd be up S*** creek, and the video would have become more like the Blair Witch Project.

Happy you are loving your Scout, what boxes are being ticked overall?

Fletching
25-02-2012, 01:19 AM
what boxes are being ticked overall?

let's take this over here... (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2597-Another-Scout-from-Canadian-Mike&highlight=scout)

:)

CanadianMike
25-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Works for me.......... and you never did comment on the freebie for review Kydex neck knife sheath I added. ;)

So yes, over there.........

AL...
14-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Great vid.
I was at Big Canoe in Georgia a couple of years ago . Sitting out with some friends when a pack of Yotes started sining about 20 yards from the house. Man that was kinda primevil I can tell ye.

Cheers
AL