PDA

View Full Version : Dartmoor Today

Tedd
23-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Was down in the South West this week and had a bit of time on my hands today so did a bit of a circular walk around the Warren House Inn. Been a while since I've been on this part of Dartmoor (3/4 years). The visibility was very poor so was sticking to the trails. Rigged up the tarp near Teignhead Farm for a bit of shelter from the rain for a quick brew. Not much in the way of bushy stuff, except for testing out my new honey stove with the Trangia burner for a quick brew (sorry too wet for pics).

It was a shame to see quite a few trees have been taken out by the wind since the last time I was there. Doesn't seem to be many options for those who like to hang. Seems to have become quite a popular spot, there was signs of a recent fire (certainly not bushcrafters).

Reminded me of the 10/8 item challenge vids... very jealous of those trips... Ash, Martin & co....

3885 3886

Martin
23-02-2012, 07:20 PM
As you say Tedd, a massive shame that people can't respect such a beautiful spot. Teign Head Farm should be an idyllic place for a camp but it is getting spoiled. Not to worry, there are plenty of other unspoiled parts of the moor just a bit further off the beaten track. :)

Martin