PDA

View Full Version : Home smoking

Realearner
19-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Well just thought I would let all know that I have really got into home smoking my meat and fish, still at the stage of having to buy the really cheap stuff, but when it's finished and then boiled in coke (full fat of course) the taste is just brilliant.
Ah that's the hams, not the fish:ashamed: the fish is good as it is, but I have only done oily fish well, did try a couple of whiting but the taste was very bland and quite tasteless. Maybe someone on here might have some suggestions.
Anyway back to the smoker, still got about another hour to finish off:D

rossbird
19-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Look forward to some pics of your smoker, Realearner.
Recipes would be great to:)

AdrianRose
19-02-2012, 09:45 PM
If you need a guinea pig to do all the taste testing, I will forward you my address . :)

Ade

rossbird
19-02-2012, 10:08 PM
If you need a guinea pig to do all the taste testing, I will forward you my address . :)

Ade

Damn it Ade...I was working up to that one:rolleyes:

jus_young
20-02-2012, 05:55 PM
If you want a guinea pig to smoke I have one of those :evilgrin:

AdrianRose
20-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Damn it Ade...I was working up to that one:rolleyes:

I'm part Romany mate, we don't build up to bugger all!

We just go straight on for the freebies. Lol

Ade.

rossbird
20-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm part Romany mate, we don't build up to bugger all!

We just go straight on for the freebies. Lol

Ade.

My Irish Catholic roots are my undoing:(

Realearner
20-02-2012, 07:24 PM
http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1541-Easy-peasy-home-smoker!

If I remember correctly I posted pictures of my smoker here.
As for recipes at the moment, buy the cheapest basic ham joints you can find, stoke up the smoker and keep it going for about 8hrs.
Once done leave to cool, then boil for about an hour in full fat coke, any brand will do.
Leave to cool and then enjoy ;)

And as for the old guinea pigs, they are just right of a single portion size, and I think I could get at least 10 on my smoker :evilgrin:

Realearner
20-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Ah also if only you were closer I would gladly send some, maybe if I make some for one of the meets and could always bring samples :rolleye: