PDA

View Full Version : HOME - Film about Earth

Ashley Cawley
16-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I've just watched a beautiful & moving film about our Earth, it's environment and our impact on it. With beautiful cinematics this 1hr 30min film is filmed entirely from the sky, I would highly recommend that everyone finds the time to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth's climate.

The stakes are high for us and our children. Everyone should take part in the effort, and HOME has been conceived to take a message of mobilization out to every human being.

For this purpose, HOME needs to be free. A patron, the PPR Group, made this possible. EuropaCorp, the distributor, also pledged not to make any profit because Home is a non-profit film.

HOME has been made for you : share it! And act for the planet.

Yann Arthus-Bertrand

HOME official website
http://www.home-2009.com

JonnyP
16-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Stunning filming, but kind of ironic that its filmed from the air.. Err how did they do that..? Fuel burning helicopters by any chance..? I suppose its a being cruel to be kind sort of thing..
I agree that everyone should watch it..

Ashley Cawley
16-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Stunning filming, but kind of ironic that its filmed from the air.. Err how did they do that..? Fuel burning helicopters by any chance..?...

Absolutely, tis quite ironic.

What I think is a shame it missed out on at the end is why it is that people have changed the landscape of the planet, created vast monoculture's of the same crop or great quarry's of mineral-mining - for money / financial greed.

We've created a sick throw-away society, consumers, consuming at an ever increasing rate, produce shipped from all over the world. In my opinion there are fundamental societal issues that need to be addressed in order for this to ever change. Borders/boundaries, money & our political/societal structure :confused:

I'll leave now before I rant-on! :p

Peace!

:war-is-not-the-answ