PDA

View Full Version : Full tang knife blank

Aaron Rushton
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
hi all,
is it possible to find a good quality full tang knife blade for under £20? i have looked everywhere and they all sem to be around the £40 mark and for that price i could get a nice knife. im looking for something with a relatively short, wide blade. looking to make a skinner.
thanks,
Aaron

luresalive
01-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes it is, a 12c27 blade for £15 delivered from here http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/knifeblades.htm its the MOON BLADE II near the bottom of the page...NO affiliation with this company but a happy costumer for many years.

Dan XF
01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I think Ronnie Sunshine does a mora full tang blank for cheap. Looks good quality too. Seem to remember someone on here showing a knife they'd made from the same blank and it looked better than good.
Luresalive, Sloe gin sloe gin, gonna wash away this pain inside. Kudos.

Tony1948
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
3675£13 from Ronnie SunshineT^

Aaron Rushton
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks all! luresalive-from the picture it looks slightly serrated but im not sure, do you know if it is or is it just the picture?

luresalive
01-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks all! luresalive-from the picture it looks slightly serrated but im not sure, do you know if it is or is it just the picture?

It's not serrated It's just the picture,I got one and it's a superb blade. It's the same blade ronnie sunshines does but he adds postage and with moonraker postage is free so the price you see is the price you pay.

luresalive
01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Ronnie Sunshine does a mora full tang blank for cheap. Looks good quality too. Seem to remember someone on here showing a knife they'd made from the same blank and it looked better than good.
Luresalive, Sloe gin sloe gin, gonna wash away this pain inside. Kudos.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with superb taste in music!T^

Tony1948
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM
[/ATTACH]36822 mora knife blanks3680and 2hidden tang Laplander36833684I love em its a lot better buying them in than aveing all the agg with profileing a bit of steel then forging.ATB...................TONY..........PS sorry about the pitchers being in the places:confused2:

chris_lothian
02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey, try these guys
http://www.knifemaking.com/Default.asp
they are pretty good, had stuff off them ages ago an it was all top quality, i've now lost the green river knife to my better half an she swears by it in the kitchen an their supply of handle materials is unsurpassed, delivery was fine too.. no problems at all but did cost me import tax but i was not much considering how much i got.

Chris

IBrown
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Aaron: I bought a Opinel slim 12cm very sharp and great for skinning and filleting.

Yes it is, a 12c27 blade for £15 delivered from here http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/knifeblades.htm its the MOON BLADE II near the bottom of the page...NO affiliation with this company but a happy costumer for many years.

Thats a nice site, many thanks, been thinking of making another knife.
Is it better to buy steel or carbon if you want to use it with a flint.
Thanks
Ian

Humakt
03-02-2012, 07:36 AM
There's plenty to choose from here, plus all the other bits and pieces needed:

http://www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk/

HillBill
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Carbon blades will produce a spark with flint, stainless won't. Both will produce sparks on ferro rods. :)

Is it better to buy steel or carbon if you want to use it with a flint.
Thanks
Ian

IBrown
03-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Carbon blades will produce a spark with flint, stainless won't. Both will produce sparks on ferro rods. :)

Thanks HillBill

hillm
23-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Hiya , if your still looking I'm pretty sure heinie Haynes sell a small neck knife blank that fits the description
Not sure of the price tho
Good luck
Max hill
Happy bush crafting

Silverback
23-07-2013, 06:25 PM
given 18 months has passed by since the last post on this thread I should hope its sorted...