PDA

View Full Version : October in the Pyrenees

Juanodaxis
19-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi all. I thought I add something here.
Every time I go to Spain to see my family, my sisters and friends try to make sure that they have a walk or two organised so I can join them, they are nice like that, see:)
Unfortunately, I couldn’t go there this Christmas like I usually do, but I did went there in October, and I got spoil.
We were out for 8 hours, we probably walk for 6 hours. We follow the route to Sadernes, coming from up north, following a very steep path with walls on the left and nothing but air on the right, well, it wasn’t all like that, but some parts were a bit scary:D
Is mad what you can come across in the middle of the Pyrenees, some of the old abandoned buildings, and some being restored, they must been there for centuries.35083509351035113512

Ben Casey
19-01-2012, 11:41 AM
WOW lovely pictures :)

Martin
19-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Nice pics Juan. :)

Martin

Roadkillphil
19-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow! What a beautiful place, I have always imagined the Pyrenees to be more barren :ashamed: don't know why. Your pics have put me right. Thanks for sharing Juan :D

rossbird
19-01-2012, 06:53 PM
What sort of altitude is it there Juan?
For some reason I was expecting snow peaks!
Love the pics.

Tony

Juanodaxis
19-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Thank you guys, I’m glad you all like them. I took them with my Sony Alpha,.
The Pyrenees looks very barren from 30.000 Feet, LOL. No, on the serious note, they are barren further north, because there is a lot more altitude, is the part where snow stays longer and is a lot heavier, but there wasn’t any in October.
I have seen snow on the peaks in October many times before, but this time round there wasn’t any. Saying that, I went to Valle de Nuria not many years ago in the month of July and I was bloody freezing my rear off.
The one peak you see on the background of picture number 3 is 1.373 meters, peak Puig de Basegoda.
The one think that I really wish it was different is how easy you can get a forest fire in there, and because of it is completely forbidden to light fires or anything like that.