PDA

View Full Version : The Blair Witch campsite

Edwin
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Not sure where to put this but in a woodland spot near our own is a campsite.

It has a tent and places where people sat and even some rucksacks placed handily. Charming little decorative lanterns are hanging from tree branches and you you could imagine that they have just gone off for a walk to the stream before supper except... the tent is nearly collapsed and there is moss and leaf mould covering a large part of the site and the equipment. They must have walked out a considerable time ago and never returned. I had the nerve to check the interior of the tent which was empty apart from sleeping gear (thanks!!) but not gone through the rucksacks etc. Not my property or business but it does make one wonder.

Metal mug
03-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Maybe they were some poshcrafters who decided to check into a hotel instead. :)

Silverback
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
regular occurrence down our way (finding abandoned tentage). I remember a similar situation about 2 years ago when a fell runner found an abandoned tent and went to investigate however this one was occupied by someone who lived a travellers lifestyle and had sadly passed away about 10 days previously.

A call to the Police perhaps ? if anything your call may help with a missing persons cold case or rule out a connection with a missing person.

CanadianMike
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Maybe they were some poshcrafters who decided to check into a hotel instead. :)

Sounds like the Occupy movement to me. :D

Shewie
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
We found a similar place on the shores of Loch Long a couple of years ago, I think it had been occupied full time but it looked as though they'd been away for at least a couple of weeks.

Quite spooky it was