PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Net

Humakt
02-01-2012, 08:47 AM
What a busy bee I have been the past few days!
Not only have I made myself a possibles pouch, but I've also made a shrimp net! I've just finished giving it a coat of wood preserver.

Up until now I've been using a modified (and frankly not ideal) landing net.

But I've finially got round to making a proper, collapsible, shrimping net. Even better, it cost me the princely sum of 0 pence to make! We had the wood in the shed and my dad gave me an old landing net to cut up.
The shrimping net is 4 feet wide and 6 feet long.
Bring on those tasty little shrimp!

JonnyP
02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Very good.. I would like to make one, but have no mesh..

luresalive
02-01-2012, 04:42 PM
good job, now get out there and catch some and take some pics to show us all!!

Loenja
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
nice job, i made one 6 feet wide and i can hardly push it so i will make it smaller at some point

CanadianMike
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM
So, how exactly does one use something like that? Just thinking about where we get shrimp around here, in amonst rocks, and seeing something purpose built like that....... and the comment on pushing it....... lol, yup, confused.

Ben Casey
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi Mike I think you push it along sandy beeches under the water the shrimps are in the sand :)

CanadianMike
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I kinda suspected as much........... and here I just realized you are talking shrimp, not crayfish! Facepalm!!!!!!! Ugh, stupid cold plus beer....... not thinking! :(

Ben Casey
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I kinda suspected as much........... and here I just realized you are talking shrimp, not crayfish! Facepalm!!!!!!! Ugh, stupid cold plus beer....... not thinking! :(

Happens to all of us :D

ian c
14-01-2012, 09:28 PM
The Misses an i have had a shrimp net for about 2 yrs now and have used it during the warmer periods we have caught more than enough shrimp each time and have given some to parents an friends so as not to waste them, oh an they taste better as you have caught them yourself.