PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Malvern Hills

brigit
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello everyone...it's great to be here at the birth of this new forum.

I live on the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire. My back gate opens up straight onto the hill so I spend a lot of time walking.

I'm a novice when it comes to bushcraft. I've always loved and been fascinated by nature and all kinds of habitat - especially woodlands - but only recently started to learn more about foraging and bushcraft.

Really looking forward to finding out more from this forum!

B :)

Ashley Cawley
08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Brigit, welcome to the community.

Thanks for taking time the time to help me test this forum, I'm sure there will be topics of interest to you in the not to distant future.

Is James interested in any of this Bushcraft stuff? In the coming week I will be putting more areas on in terms of Crafts, eco & sustainable-living etc. I know he enjoys the latter.

Speak soon,

:campfire:

Martin
08-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Brigit. :)

Martin

brigit
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Thank you both for welcome :o)

James is interested in bushcraft Ashley...but doesn't like joining forums!

How do I do the profile/avatar picture? I tried copying my facebook profile picture but it didn't work. I'm not great with computers....

brigit
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh that's strange....it must have worked after all!

Ashley Cawley
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
James is interested in bushcraft Ashley...but doesn't like joining forums!..
I understand completely ;) Perhaps I should invite him to one of our meet/camps, he's still down in Cornwall?

Love your profile pic by the way; young at heart alright! :p

brigit
08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
He is still in Cornwall...and I'm sure he would love to be invited to one of your camps...

Martin
08-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I invited him to our last meet at Woodland Valley when we met at the Eden Project earlier this year. I think he just thought I was some sort of mad stalker. ;)

Martin

Ashley Cawley
08-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I invited him to our last meet at Woodland Valley when we met at the Eden Project earlier this year. I think he just thought I was some sort of mad stalker. ;)

MartinYou are a mad stalker! I've been trying to shake-you for nearly a year now :p

James probably dosen't know who we are or what we get up to, I'll invite him out one day to share some skills, that might take his fancy, do you know if he's ever made fire by friction Brigit? Perhaps when your next down I could teach you both if you fancy it, work as a team and all, it's very satisfying!

:happy-clapping:

brigit
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
We've both tried....but weren't successful. I can feel a trip to Cornwall coming on...... :o)

hoppinmad
09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
hi Brigit welcome to the forum

Claire Cawley
12-11-2010, 08:00 AM
If anyone can teach fire by friction, it's Ashley! :campfire:

Shewie
18-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi Brigit - welcome to the forum

MikeWilkinson
19-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Brigit,