PDA

View Full Version : Bush Khazi

Adam Savage
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
This weekend, I am attending a meet in a new woodland site. There will be a good few people there, so toilet arrangements need to be taken care of. For our usual fixed sites, wer use the thunder box/long drop/woodland drop, as it's easier than having a large number of people digging holes everywhere :). For this meet however, this box would be too heavy and cumbersome. I decided to put an old idea into action.

Take one folding stool (the sort with no back or arms), remove the fabric seat, get an old (or just cheap) toilet seat, and infuse the two :D
I attached two batons to the seat, which stop the seat collapsing, when sat on. To these batons I attached some pipe retainers, to help locate the frame and stop the seat from coming adrift from the frame, when lifted, moved, juggled, etc. The best thing is, it can be folded up for carrying and storage.

here are the photos of the finished item. I hope the brief description and images help to any wishing to build one.

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/IMG_0237.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/IMG_0236.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/IMG_0235.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/IMG_0234.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/IMG_0239.jpg

markal17
08-12-2011, 06:19 PM
that looks a bit potty lolol

rich290185
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
lol looks good in your house!

Ben Casey
08-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Your mad LOL

CanadianMike
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Needs a pair of "OH C**P!!" handles on the sides......

Martin
08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Let's hope people can aim straight as it could get a bit messy. :D

Martin

Ben Casey
08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Needs a pair of "OH C**P!!" handles on the sides......

Oi is that for me LOL I think it looks really good and find that you have a brill imagination I would probably sit on a chair like that and try to find a Bush Khazi :D

Adam Savage
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL. I was thinking of placing a large tube of some sort inside, so the frame remains free of...erm...particulate matter???...anyway...Not sure what this would be made of, as it needs to roll up, maybe an old roll mat. Or you could fasten a bag inside, for later disposal...maybe not. :D

JEEP
08-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Nice port-o-crapper

Adam Savage
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Was gunna call it the bush bog, but that didn't seem the best choice lol

Ben Casey
08-12-2011, 07:50 PM
LOL. I was thinking of placing a large tube of some sort inside, so the frame remains free of...erm...particulate matter???...anyway...Not sure what this would be made of, as it needs to roll up, maybe an old roll mat. Or you could fasten a bag inside, for later disposal...maybe not. :D

I think you should incorporate a thermal seat for use in the cold LOL

Ichneumon
08-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm a bit worried that a leg might sink into boggy ground - even if that might seem to be the appropriate place for it! :shocked:

But a mental image of Ivan toppling 'mid-exercise' seems to turn the concept an excellent idea! :happy-clapping:

Sorry Iv' I couldn't resist! :o

Ben Casey
08-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm a bit worried that a leg might sink into boggy ground - even if that might seem to be the appropriate place for it! :shocked:

But a mental image of Ivan toppling 'mid-exercise' seems to turn the concept an excellent idea! :happy-clapping:

Sorry Iv' I couldn't resist! :o

It would give everyone a good laugh thou :D

Adam Savage
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I could inlay wires, run a current through it form a free loader, just to keep the frost off it :confused:

And I'll set up an infrared camera, to watch for Ivan's...exercises...:p

Ben Casey
08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
That would be so cool :D

bigzee
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Well done that man for applying his mind to an unpleasant but entirely necessary task. Here some pics. of a couple'a similar thing I made a while back:30743075307630773078
Both intended as something to keep in the car boot "in case of emergency" or for relief with the ladies of the family.

Adam Savage
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks bigzee. I like your folding idea. Looks more solid than mine

CanadianMike
09-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Oi is that for me LOL I think it looks really good and find that you have a brill imagination I would probably sit on a chair like that and try to find a Bush Khazi :D

Never know when a space shuttle moment may occur..........................

Dan XF
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I can remember digging a trench in Canada for a thunder box at our FOB. The Engineers hadn't arrived so it was out with the entrenching tools and digging down for 8ft. The local H&S people even came out to measure it! once the wooden thunder box was placed on top some absolute wag put a notice up saying anything over 5lbs should be lowered for H&S reasons. Still chuckle at that. Can't beat that Forces sense of humour. Ah ze English sense of humour, now ve making ze jokes about ze farting ja?

Metal mug
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Where's the toilet paper holder? :D

Woodwose
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Where's the toilet paper holder? :D

Toilet paper!!! the're rufty tufty bushcrafters, Surely it should be holly leaves. :eek:

Ben Casey
09-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Toilet paper!!! the're rufty tufty bushcrafters, Surely it should be holly leaves. :eek:

It si the only thing that works for me or hot ash :D

Al21
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
One of the lads I used to paddle with regularly had a similar set-up. A wooden seat is much warmer in all weathers and the stool that is formed with two loops of metal sinks into the ground far less than those with four legs, though still requires a couple of lengths of timber to stabilise the seat. We used this over a hole in the ground very successfully, though I see these days you can buy these with disposable bags for the waste. Reminds me of what we called a Kent Custom Crapper, a waterproof bag inside a full face helmet! Crude but effective, and usually a lot more pleasant than a rally loo.

For an 'in the boot of the car' solution a visit to: http://www.thebrowncorporation.com/ is a good idea.

Al

Dan XF
09-12-2011, 03:24 PM
A bag in a full face helmet? That's real hardcore. A crew mate of mine was once surprised to see a collection of Whinnie the Pooh figures on a patients dining table. She asked him if he'd seen anything like that before and he remarked that he hadn't seen that many poos on a glass table since a night out in Hamburg. Warning to anyone in West Cornwall, he qualifies as a dentist in the Wadebridge area soon. You've been warned.

Ben Casey
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh that brings back stories like freckles in the NAAFI bar or Bomber Command games :D but I wont go there as I might get told of LOL

jus_young
09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
For an 'in the boot of the car' solution a visit to: http://www.thebrowncorporation.com/ is a good idea.

Theres even a camo version! Try finding that amongst the trees after consuming a few woodland spirits