PDA

View Full Version : Norway

Bigmikejenkins
07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Hello Chaps,
I'm considering a trip to Norway next year as I've always wanted to go there, plus I'm a huge black metal fan and Norway is the epi centre for that genre of music. Just wondering if anybody has ever been and has any opinion on a good area of the country to visit. I'm a bit split at the moment between Oslo and Bodø. Each has their redeeming factors, plus I know a guy who lives in Bodø, which is always a plus when visiting a foreign country. I look forward to what you all have to say.

Or if he comes by, I may consider a trip to Denmark JEEP, I'm just yet to be convinced :D

JEEP
07-12-2011, 08:41 PM
If you are going for the nature, I would actually recommend Norway.

Bigmikejenkins
07-12-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm not entirely bothered about the nature to be honest, although I guess I should be on a bushcraft forum! I'm researching into Denmark at the moment and it's coming up trumps on Norway, especially with all the costs being a lot lower.

Woodwose
08-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I know it's not Norway but a bit closer to home, York viking festival is held each year in February. Viking metal band Tyr supported by Ravenage are playing on the Saturday. Never heard of either of them myself, but have been going to the festival for years, it's a pretty good weekend.

http://www.jorvik-viking-centre.co.uk/viking-festival/137-/

Martin
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I've just been chomping my way through the novels of Jo Nesbo, a brilliant norwegian author. I get the distinct impression from reading his books that he doesn't really care too much for Norway and is always looking out.

Martin