PDA

View Full Version : Air Rifle for Sale - Webley Scott .22 cal: Stingray II single shot springer & scope

paul standley
28-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators.

NOTE ADDED 30th November - No takers so far, so this item is also now listed for sale on an airgun forum so please check with me first to make sure it is still available if you are interested - thanks...

I'm selling my air rifle because I just don't have time to shoot it these days.

It is a Webley Scott STINGRAY II QUATTRO spring rifle in .22 calibre.

It's a lovely rifle that has not even had 3 tins of slugs through it in total and it really is in lovely condition as it's been well looked after. I bought it second hand at the beginning of the year and I believe it had only shot less than 2 tins of pellets at that time.

It has an ambidextrous stock with left and right stock cheeks the same size and shape. It comes complete with a very effective screw fit factory made moderator plus a Leapers 3-9X40 mil dot scope (2 turret adjusters) on a single piece scope mount plus both front & back flip-up scope lens covers and it also includes a very good quality rifle slip (bag) and half a tin of pellets.

The price is £170 collected for the lot.

I am in South Wales (NP12 xxx) approx 15 mins from Caerphilly or 25 mins from Newport.

I can post it to UK mainland via Royal Mail 'standard parcels' with full insurance for an extra £20 and subject to the buyer providing written proof of age, but I would prefer the buyer to collect.

Pictures below. The pics do not show the 2 flip scope covers or the tin of pellets but these are definately included in the sale.

2972 2973 2974

Thanks for looking, Paul

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Proper nice looking rifle matey, did you use to kill to vermin/game with??

paul standley
28-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Proper nice looking rifle matey, did you use to kill to vermin/game with??

I bought it for vermin/rabbits but only had a chance to shoot field target with it as I couldn't get any land permissions to use it on. It's a full power .22 with a lot of knock-down power.

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Shame you couldn't get any permission, would love to buy it mate, but the parents wouldn't approve at all ;D had a go firing a few air rifles.
One I did fire was just under illegal because it was that powerful, if you modded the inside it would become illegal.

paul standley
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Bump...

This rifle is still for sale... Thanks for looking

wizardbiz
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
hey paul, if you got a shotgun licence i would happily straight swap the shotgun i have for sale, for your air riffle, i could use a gun to ping rats round the yards, i keep smashing windows and blowing up stuff i need in the barns with 12bores and its costing me a fortune to fix up after. i even shot through the wiring in an outbuilding last month shooting rats, now i got no lights. i was looking for around £200 for my 12g so would be a fair exchange me thinks.

Izzy
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks Wizardbiz, for giving me my first forum based chuckle of 2012:happy-clapping:

Best regards and a happy new year to you all, Izzy.

wizardbiz
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks Wizardbiz, for giving me my first forum based chuckle of 2012:happy-clapping:

Best regards and a happy new year to you all, Izzy.

your welcome lol

paul standley
02-01-2012, 04:48 PM
hey paul, if you got a shotgun licence i would happily straight swap the shotgun i have for sale, for your air riffle, i could use a gun to ping rats round the yards, i keep smashing windows and blowing up stuff i need in the barns with 12bores and its costing me a fortune to fix up after. i even shot through the wiring in an outbuilding last month shooting rats, now i got no lights. i was looking for around £200 for my 12g so would be a fair exchange me thinks.

Hi Buddy... LOL... 12 gauges do tend to make a bit of a mess of the fixtures and fittings...!

Looking for the cash mate but thanks for the offer.

Paul.

Kieran
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Is this higher than the UK limit for people without firearms license?

paul standley
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Is this higher than the UK limit for people without firearms license?

Hi Kieran, This air rifle is within the UK legal limit of 12 ftLbs.

Any air rifle with a muzzle force higher than 12 ftLbs needs a fire arms certificate (FAC) and of course, all 12 bore shotguns need an FAC.

Paul.

paul standley
03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
3rd January - This rifle is now sold - thanks for looking.

Paul

Martin
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I'll close this thread now that the rifle is sold but would just like to clarify on small point. A fire arms certificate is not required to own a shot gun. A shot gun certificate is required to own a shot gun which is considerably easier to get than a fire arms cert. A FAC is for rifles and hand guns.

Martin