PDA

View Full Version : Buget Stove and Drinking Mug ~ Project

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I might post this to see if I can get some advice of someone who's ever tried to make there own Crusader Style Mug.
I can't justify paying around £14 for one, so im going to have a go at making my own, with some sort of can or container that will sustain high heats and that will be able to have some sort of handle bolted to it or something a long the lines of....

Also sometime this week on the evenings or maybe the weekend if I can wait that long, I've read the thread about Buddy Stoves and im going to try and make one myself, nipping in to Tesco's at lunchtime, if not this evening on the way home from work to pick up 50 tealights for like £1.50 ;D bargin. and i have plenty of Tuna tins in the cuboard at home, make myself some tuna mayo for tomorrows sanwich filling. Win Win.

Also will be putting togeather a small tinder box ( Small round lidded metal container )

Pictures will be posted of my efforts and the finished product,

Will

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Update - Just changed my searches on eBay and found Crusader style - Canteen cups for around £5, would still like to have a go at making my own but for a £5 can't go wrong

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-canteen-cup-Army-style-/250908644821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a6b5215d5

Thanks,
Will.

Metal mug
28-11-2011, 12:00 PM
My previous avatar mug was a dutch army one. Cost me £1.50 from a surplus store. :D 2966

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Cost me £1.50 from a surplus store. :D2966
have you/can you get me a link for one of those ;D Im still going to have a go at my own regardless but this will be perfect and so's the price ;D
have already got the handle and nuts and bolts just need to find a suitable 'Container' Still trying to find one, something robust and can withstand high heats, Any idea's maybe some household items to use or something cheap to buy from a Supermarket.... Apparently Bean cans and other tin food cans have traces of BPA Toxins! Or else I'd use a Baked bean can or such.

Metal mug
28-11-2011, 04:34 PM
have you/can you get me a link for one of those ;D Im still going to have a go at my own regardless but this will be perfect and so's the price ;D
have already got the handle and nuts and bolts just need to find a suitable 'Container' Still trying to find one, something robust and can withstand high heats, Any idea's maybe some household items to use or something cheap to buy from a Supermarket.... Apparently Bean cans and other tin food cans have traces of BPA Toxins! Or else I'd use a Baked bean can or such.I had a look but there aren't any around at the moment. :( But if I see any going cheap I'll tell you.

WombleWill
28-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Well thanks a lot Metal Mug ;D Just made my own Crusader mug now !
So I used a small old bucket from in the garden and a 3 holed ring fixing from work. Amazing what you can Aquire and find around the house and workplace. Is good to hold about a 1Ltr of water and is easy to hold with the top handle and the side handle.
Drilled 3 holes with a metal drill bit, each about 1/2 Centimetre wide. Bolted togeather with 1cm bolt heads 1/2cm shaft, and some random square gold nuts.
Quick mini basic tinderkit/survival kit - Toothpaste, Seal-able bag, small kindle, round tobacco tin, 1/2 candle, Cardboard and 2" Plaster strip.

- Will

swkieran
29-12-2011, 09:26 AM
there's a good surplus army store in crediton exeter ,womblewill,and there cheap ,i bought a hexi stove,for a quid,and a wool blanket for 11 quid;) ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.,woods brothers there called.

Kieran
29-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Well thanks a lot Metal Mug ;D Just made my own Crusader mug now !
So I used a small old bucket from in the garden and a 3 holed ring fixing from work. Amazing what you can Aquire and find around the house and workplace. Is good to hold about a 1Ltr of water and is easy to hold with the top handle and the side handle.
Drilled 3 holes with a metal drill bit, each about 1/2 Centimetre wide. Bolted togeather with 1cm bolt heads 1/2cm shaft, and some random square gold nuts.
Quick mini basic tinderkit/survival kit - Toothpaste, Seal-able bag, small kindle, round tobacco tin, 1/2 candle, Cardboard and 2" Plaster strip.

- Will

those links dont work..