PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a "Twybill" tool they want to sell or trade ?

paul standley
20-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm looking for an inexpensive Twybill in any condition so let me know if you've got one that your not using and want to sell or trade for something.

What's a Twybill... It's an old style tool for finishing off the mortice holes in the vertical end rails of gate hurdles.

You might have a rusty one knocking around the shed and didn't know what it was...!

Here's a couple of pictures of one...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1iZAwBBlEQb_cvrevg4QWtXaqvpk1A kwA0gR16aTqnp47gpeP http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8YvQVOpypIkSKNNnoBOi9_A-Zzy338yIJ-hXAt-AkpfDO47wKGw

Here's hoping there is one out there somewhere :-)

Paul.

Tony1948
20-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I'll keep an eye out for one over the booty for you,let us now if you get one beforT^

paul standley
20-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Cheers Tony :-)

rossbird
29-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Just googled this Paul..... they don't come cheap do they!!
Good luck finding one.

wytchwood bushcraft
18-01-2012, 11:52 PM
If you cover the cost of the steel and postage I'll make you one, when my anvil arrives,
looks fairly simple, and it would be a challenge ATB Jono

paul standley
19-01-2012, 05:04 PM
If you cover the cost of the steel and postage I'll make you one, when my anvil arrives,
looks fairly simple, and it would be a challenge ATB Jono

Hi Jono, hows it going... Getting an anvil eh..? - spooky as I've been looking at anvil's this week on flea bay as I had half an idea to set up a mini forge and try a bit, but common sense prevailed (well actually, the wife said I can't have any more hobbies or buy any more kit...!) so good luch with your forge, let us all know how you get on.

Nice offer mate which I'll take you up on. I'll cover cost of steel and postage.

I'll make the wooden handle for the Twybill if you can forge the steel.

Cheers, Paul.

bikebum1975
19-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Hmmm thanks for the project idea might be an easy toy to knock up on my friends anvil this spring