PDA

View Full Version : Banned User

Martin
14-11-2011, 02:10 PM
It's with regret that I inform you that, in consultation with the moderating team, we have taken the regrettable action to ban one of our users today.

The reason for taking this very unusual action is that we feel his behaviour was deliberately provocative and off topic.

I know we don't have to remind many of our friends here that NaturalBushcraft is Ashley Cawley's personal project whose aims are to promote bushcraft in an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding, whilst freely giving advice and passing on skills.

There is no place for people who wish to upset the harmony of the forum, although healthy debate is healthy and to be encouraged.

If you are in any doubt as to whether your contribution would be considered unwelcome then it probably is.

Martin

Silverback
14-11-2011, 02:45 PM
There is no place for people who wish to upset the harmony of the forum, although healthy debate is healthy and to be encouraged.

If you are in any doubt as to whether your contribution would be considered unwelcome then it probably is.

Martin

good point, well made

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 03:36 PM
People should respect the site I think it is good and plenty of tips :)

Bernie
14-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Fair stance, but I think people will also learn a lot from knowing exactly what was said that caused the ban. No doubt it wasn't the first instance, but I still feel that it's better to say exactly what someone did wrong rather than be vague. I find general comments about bad behaviour make me nervous, but when someone says the offender said XYZ, I can rest assured that I'd never say something like that.

I'm not asking for a public flogging or hanging, but it would be nice to know what constitutes being well and truly over the line.

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Fair stance, but I think people will also learn a lot from knowing exactly what was said that caused the ban. No doubt it wasn't the first instance, but I still feel that it's better to say exactly what someone did wrong rather than be vague. I find general comments about bad behaviour make me nervous, but when someone says the offender said XYZ, I can rest assured that I'd never say something like that.

I'm not asking for a public flogging or hanging, but it would be nice to know what constitutes being well and truly over the line.

Why it will just get all political again Im here for the bushcraft not the politics of life :)

Silverback
14-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Why it will just get all political again Im here for the bushcraft not the politics of life :)

Agreed !

CanadianMike
14-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Who was it? Or, more to the point, what inappropriate behavior was done? I hadn't seen any.......................

Ashley Cawley
14-11-2011, 04:35 PM
It's worth noting that the user was not permanently banned, it is a temporary ban.

Fair stance, but I think people will also learn a lot from knowing exactly what was said that caused the ban.Appreciate the openness/honesty that is already given here at NBC, most other places this kind of thing would happen and not be spoken of, we're not here to do an analytical break-down of what was said, by who and whether it was offensive or right. It was off-topic and provoking, almost trolling, that's enough information.

I'm not asking for a public flogging or hanging, but it would be nice to know what constitutes being well and truly over the line.I wouldn't like to try and constitute or define what people should or should-not say, I'd prefer to leave it open and only moderate when people are clearly out of order or offensive etc. That will be determined by the moderators when we see it not before it's been spoken.

Tony1948
14-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm in Bernie's camp,wot was said,go on tell us oooooooh go on,and who was it go on tell us pritty please go on LoL:confused2:

Tony1948
14-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Go on tell us :confused:

JEEP
14-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Enough gentlemen!