PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wigston, Leicestershire

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 11:27 AM
:camping:Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone of NaturalBushcraft! Firstly I'll start with the obvious, Im Will im from Kilby which is next to wigston situated in Leicestershire its a small village with lots of fields and open areas with quite a few little rivers one of them being the River Severn i think... I've always been into bushcraft, camping, fishing, firemaking since i was a little tot, this came about from when i used to live in Kilworth House - North Kilworth, now known as The Kilworth House Hotel, As my nan sold it many years ago (About 14?) But i used to live in the House and my grandparents used to run the Challets and Caravanners so i used to always be down there mowing the lawn with my granddad and helping my nan clean toilets, but i used to run around the acres of land climbing trees finding different things to do each day, but my main intrest at 3 years old was making fires, i am captivated by the way the fire moves around and the noises it makes, if my parents couldnt find me about the grounds they'd always go to the firepit ;D So hello from me to you! I Hope to be making a number of posts in the near future trying to broaden my bushcraft knowledge.

Also I am looking for someone who shares the same intrests to meet up and partake in Fishing, Camping or something outdoorsy ;D

Tony1948
14-11-2011, 11:37 AM
:welcome:Will to the forum good to have you on hear.Sounds like you were a bit of a fire bug when you were an ankal biter Lol.

Metal mug
14-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Will, welcome to the forum. Sounds like some nice memories.

Jack

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, And my "Addiction" continues now, Memories for life. ;D Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

Martin
14-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey Will, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi there from me :)

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, Martin is there many folk from in the Leicestershire area? Or many Activies/Meets in Leicester.

Martin
14-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't think there are that many from Leicestershire to be honest. Having said that, you are pretty central compared to us so you won't have to go to far to meet up with somebody.

Check out the meetings section of the forum and, if there's nothing there, put something up yourself. You never know, someone may be lurking and might sign up as a result of seeing it. :)

Martin

bikebum1975
14-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome

Tony1948
14-11-2011, 05:43 PM
:camping::campfire:Dont forget the Essex boys ave got an other meet in MARCH(the month)not the place,all wellcome.Even you guys from north Kent if they let you though the tunnel LoL,:happy-clapping:

jus_young
14-11-2011, 09:16 PM
:welcome: from me!

Ashley Cawley
15-11-2011, 06:09 PM
A warm :welcome: to our community Will :)

karl82
15-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Welcome Will I live just round the comer from you in glenpava Leicester.

Martin
15-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome Will I live just round the comer from you in glenpava Leicester.

See what I mean?? Get something posted up in the meets section. Why not arrange something for the Vale of Belvoir?? Beautiful part of the country.

Martin

WombleWill
15-11-2011, 07:01 PM
See what I mean?? Get something posted up in the meets section. Why not arrange something for the Vale of Belvoir?? Beautiful part of the country.

Martin

Point proven there ;D Thanks for the welcomes. Whereabouts is the Vale of Belvoir? Free to wild camp? Any restrictions...
Maybe meet up for the day Karl?

WombleWill
15-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Welcome Will I live just round the comer from you in glenpava Leicester. Know any good spots around are neck of the woods?

Martin
15-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Point proven there ;D Thanks for the welcomes. Whereabouts is the Vale of Belvoir? Free to wild camp? Any restrictions...
Maybe meet up for the day Karl?

Err, I have no idea except it's in Leicestershire and it's pronounced Beaver!! Just appeals to my childish sense of humour and Jonathon Agnew speaks highly of it on Test Match Special. :D

Martin

WombleWill
15-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Ok thanks very much for the post, will have a ganders on Google now!

Bambii
15-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome :D

karl82
16-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Yea Will we can meet up some time. I do a lot meets round Coventry and northampton.

Taylor
16-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Welcome aboard. Small world, used to live in Wigston for a short while... About six months.... :welcome: