PDA

View Full Version : Iran has nuclear arms!

bushcraftboy
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I was watching BBC news yesterday and there was breaking news that Iran has nuclear arms, and testing them.

They said there for peaceful purposes.

I can't believe that any day, when have nuclear weapons ever been for peaceful purposes!

Martin
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Nuclear weapons have, arguably, kept world peace since 1945. Difficult to believe I know but without them World War II would have lasted much much longer and we would inevitably have been at war with the Soviet bloc ever since.

Martin

Reaps72
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Same s**t different day different place!

We have lived through the worst of the threat, when the two most paranoid countries were at each others throats, circa 1950 - 1990!

They will not be given the opportunity to get too far!

Live in hope humanity will prevail !

Reaps72
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Nuclear weapons have, arguably, kept world peace since 1945. Difficult to believe I know but without them World War II would have lasted much much longer and we would inevitably have been at war with the Soviet bloc ever since.

Martin

I hardly think the US tactical response, for the 2500 American lives lost at Pearl Harbour, of the nuclear annihilation of Hiroshima & the 166000 lives or the same with Nagasaki & 90000 lives, can be really accepted as the most the best way to end the war!

The Nazi's were tried as criminals for what happened to the Jewish population (quite rightly!), what happened to those that ordered the deployment of nuclear weapons on the innocent population of Japan?

It is always worth remembering that history is written by the victors, & theres two sides to every story!

But yes nuclear the scary points that the cold war went too, who had the biggest, fastest & most weapons, probably did scare the 1st world away from nuclear armament, but the countries at it now are 2nd or even former 3rd world countries who want to play like the big boys did!

You reap what you sow!

Martin
09-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm certainly not an expert on the end of the Second World War but the bombing of Japan brought that evil regime to its knees much faster than would have otherwise been the case. The deaths in Japan as a result of the abusive regime were a crime of massive proportions. Granted, dropping a hydrogen bomb on them was quite a statment but it certainly had the desired effect and has meant that we haven't seen a world war for over 60 years.

I'm not an apologist for the A bomb or the way the west has imposed it's self styled 'world peace keeper' persona.

Martin

Reaps72
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm certainly not an expert on the end of the Second World War but the bombing of Japan brought that evil regime to its knees much faster than would have otherwise been the case. The deaths in Japan as a result of the abusive regime were a crime of massive proportions. Granted, dropping a hydrogen bomb on them was quite a statment but it certainly had the desired effect and has meant that we haven't seen a world war for over 60 years.

I'm not an apologist for the A bomb or the way the west has imposed it's self styled 'world peace keeper' persona.Martin

Isn't that what makes the world special, everyone has their perspective!

I enjoy crossing swords with you Martin!

I neither have any vested interest in how history was written or will be I am just surviving & living my simple life!

I agree with some & disagree with others! The world will sort itself out eventually!

LOL:guns::happy-clapping:

Ben Casey
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh well not to worry back in my days in the Army in BAOR (Germany) After two weeks at war we would have either given up or dropped the bomb. I was given the chance on one ecers to decide how it should go I got to ring the Whitehouse and gave them my Grid ref for the first bomb LOL

Bens claim to fame Yehaaaaaaaaaa :)

Colliewobble
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
If you look into the amount of nazis that actually were tried after the war, the number is frighteningly low - and many had their sentences commuted after only a very few years.
Personally, I think the nuclear threat merely moved the conflict between the superpowers to a 'proxy' war, all around the globe; Korea, vietnam, latin America, the middle east and so on. So yes, we didn't have a war in Europe, we just played it out all over the globe through other poor beggars.

Martin
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Isn't that what makes the world special, everyone has their perspective!

I enjoy crossing swords with you Martin!

I neither have any vested interest in how history was written or will be I am just surviving & living my simple life!

I agree with some & disagree with others! The world will sort itself out eventually!

LOL:guns::happy-clapping:

Healthy debate is healthy. But, ultimately, I've got the 'edit' button. :D ;)

Martin

Ben Casey
09-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Martin

LOL Your bad Martin I missed you :)

Reaps72
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Martin

I'm sure Qaddaffi, Mugabe, & Castro started out with similar thoughts!

:welcome:

Reaps72
09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
If you look into the amount of nazis that actually were tried after the war, the number is frighteningly low - and many had their sentences commuted after only a very few years.
Personally, I think the nuclear threat merely moved the conflict between the superpowers to a 'proxy' war, all around the globe; Korea, vietnam, latin America, the middle east and so on. So yes, we didn't have a war in Europe, we just played it out all over the globe through other poor beggars.

Still bloody are!

Bushcraftboy what have started!

comanighttrain
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I am afraid I must side with Martin - How many lives would have been saved if Britain had a nuke to drop on Berlin in world war 2? Many innocents could have been saved the horror of the camps, nevermind the horror of war.

If there wasn't the threat of Nuclear decimation you could bet that Europe would have been at war, probably not so long after WW2. Nuclear weapons keep the world in check.

However with Iran you might actually have someone crazy enough to think a war could be won with them...

Silverback
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
It kept a lot of people in gainful employment since 1950.............BAOR.......bastion defence ...........hah

Martin
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I am afraid I must side with Martin ...

Don't be afraid!!! :D

Martin

bushcraftboy
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Anyway, I'd hate to see the day of a full blown worldwide nuclear war, I'm going to need some lead :)

happybonzo
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
The little darlings are also working on a satellite launcher*

*for satellite launcher read "means of delivery for a medium range ICBM (2500 to 3000kms range)"

Whether or not the Israelis allow them to do so before they start throwing buckets of instant sunshine is debatable

comanighttrain
10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Whether or not the Israelis allow them to do so before they start throwing buckets of instant sunshine is debatable

Be sure if they didn't then they would be on receiving end of said buckets...

Silverback
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Be sure if they didn't then they would be on receiving end of said buckets...

Theres time yet......................

Colliewobble
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Like I said earlier, the presence of nukes stopped a war in Europe, but it didn't stop those superpowers having a war, they just made other, poorer nations fight it for them. So whilst WE may have slept soundly, millions of other poor buggers were getting it on our behalf - very noble.

comanighttrain
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
If we didnt have the proxy wars, surely the opposing force would then gain control of far more natural resources than us and then use that to starve our economy, forcing our technology to lag behind and eventually giving them the ability to actually "win" such a conflict?