PDA

View Full Version : O.c.d....

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 01:07 PM
If there is one unit of your Bushcaft, outdoor gear ie stoves ,shelters ,knives ect that you seem to keep on buying even though you know you don't need any more ....show us ,put it all together and post a pic lol.

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a weakness for little stovey type things .2787

jus_young
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
My god man, are you going to cook for a scout troop? :D

Must admit though, I am still trying to find my ideal do everything stove/cook set so have accumilated a few bits and pieces myself. Bags seem to be another one, rucksacks, daysacks, response bag etc. Got to start thinning it all out really before the good lady realises and stops me buying any more.

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
im the same 5 rucksacks...lol

Bernie
05-11-2011, 02:14 PM
If SWIMBO allowed it, I think I'd have a larger collection of axes and knifes. I've only really got my Mora 840 and I'm making one from an old file. But I have 4, maybe 5 axes I think. I've lost track of them, but I'm sure if I looked I'd find them all :o

jus_young
05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
4 axes, oops :ashamed:

Just beginning to realise how much money I have spent, and there was me thinking I was a budget bushcrafter.

JEEP
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Knives, cooking gear, firesteels, hats, jackets, eating utensils, axes.... Well.... gear :D

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Knives, cooking gear, firesteels, hats, jackets, eating utensils, axes.... Well.... gear :DJakob ,put the lot in a pile and post a pic .
I do realize in your case that you may need to stand some distance away to get it all in one shot lol.

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
if swimbo allowed it, i think i'd have a larger collection of axes and knifes. I've only really got my mora 840 and i'm making one from an old file. But i have 4, maybe 5 axes i think. I've lost track of them, but i'm sure if i looked i'd find them all :oswimbo ?

Realbark
05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed :)

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed :) ha ha ok got it.

Metal mug
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm really tempted to put all my stuff together soon and take a pic. :D

cuppa joe
05-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm really tempted to put all my stuff together soon and take a pic. :D do it ...you know you want to he he

LandRoverMatt
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
The problem is for a teen like me is that your mother naggs you to death about your stuff every where then you just end up stuffing it in a caravan :)
Then sneaking it under your bed :)

bigzee
05-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Empty big dogfood tins, empty deodorant cans, empty tuna cans, and (after my wife dropped a comment to her friend) about 10x empty baby's milk tins - you know the ones with a handy plastic lid on top. All stacked in the garage awaiting my conversion projects. As if I didn't have enough!

comanighttrain
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
rucksacks as well...prob own about 5 and numerous other containing equipment

jus_young
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm really tempted to put all my stuff together soon and take a pic. :D

It would take me ages just to track my stuff down. Back of car, back of van, sitting room, bedroom, shed, dining room...

Dan XF
06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm terrible for any kit. If it's shiny, light-weight, multi-use, a bargain, exclusive, expensive enough to show its true worth, carbon fibre or razor sharp then I've probably bought it at some point. I think I've got 3 goretex jackets which I end up using for shopping most of the time as they are too nice to risk damaging in the woods. For foul weather I usually end up in my disgusting old Buffalo mountain shirt which just plain works with a multi tool in the front hand warmer pocket.

cuppa joe
06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
i have a highlander sidewinder pile smock (buffalo copy like the snugpak) and its perfect for messing around in.

I'm terrible for any kit. If it's shiny, light-weight, multi-use, a bargain, exclusive, expensive enough to show its true worth, carbon fibre or razor sharp then I've probably bought it at some point. I think I've got 3 goretex jackets which I end up using for shopping most of the time as they are too nice to risk damaging in the woods. For foul weather I usually end up in my disgusting old Buffalo mountain shirt which just plain works with a multi tool in the front hand warmer pocket.