PDA

View Full Version : cheep tarp do you have one?

fatsnacka
03-11-2011, 07:55 PM
hi guys

if found this cheep tarp i have ordered one and will let you know what its like when it arrives do any of you
have one ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003NJWPGW

LandRoverMatt
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Will be getting one for my best mates birthday.
Not having his stuff under my tarp any longer lol

luresalive
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I've got a 12ftx10ft one and it's surprisingly decent, ok, not just as waterproof or as quiet as a nylon tarp, doesn't pack up as small, but it keeps the rain off and for that price it doesn't matter if you get burn holes on it from the fire as a matter of fact mine looks like a patchwork quilt with all the diferent colours of duct tape I've used on it to repair it..you can't really go wrong!

Realearner
04-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Great price, just how small does it compact to?

garethw
04-11-2011, 08:31 AM
These tarps are the same type of material you get in cheap tent groundsheets. I got an OD one for my son, but swapped it for a DD Camo after one trip. IMHO they are too small. I like at least 3x3 for a camping tarp.
They don't pack anyway near as small as say a DD 3x3 tarp. I find its best to flat pack them rather than try to make a small parcel like I do with my nylon tarp.
They will do the job though and at this price if one tears you just buy another.
cheers
Gareth

fatsnacka
04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
well i was thinking of getting a dd tarp too this a a second but i will let you know when it comes what its like but as you all say for £8.63 delivered cant go wrong

garethw
04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
well i was thinking of getting a dd tarp too this a a second but i will let you know when it comes what its like but as you all say for £8.63 delivered cant go wrong

If you do get a DD, I suggest the OD rather than the Camo. I have both and the OD has more peg out points all of which are reinforced.

cheers
Gareth

fatsnacka
04-11-2011, 12:16 PM
thanks garth will remember that when buying to be honest i would not have camo normally but this was so cheep

fatsnacka
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
ok guys it arrived today for the money its a good product i do think its a bit of a rustler i would think when it rains it sounds
like tap dancing on a tin roof so i would say this if fine for summer but for heavy rain / winter i would spend a bit more but if
your on a budget and you can stand the noise its fine

thanks

Silverback
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I have one, i use it as a windbreak. It does the job, have used it as a ground sheet too

Where abouts are you in Yorkshire then ?

fatsnacka
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
wakefield getting kit together then hoping for a yorkshire meet up sometime what about you ?

Silverback
09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
wakefield getting kit together then hoping for a yorkshire meet up sometime what about you ?

Hudds - ish ;) Aye always up for a meet

andy202wr
14-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Spend a little more and get a bigger one you alays wish you had got the next size up. Try this one.

CAMO CAMOUFLAGE TARPAULIN TARP 2.7M X 3.5M WATERPROOF by OV
4.4 out of 5 stars (8)
£4.45