PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this yet?

ktomes_340
03-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Just found this while surfing the web. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.
http://gearjunkie.com/bear-grylls-ultimate-fine-edge-knife

JEEP
03-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Saw it the other day. It is a good idea really - it makes the knife a lot more useful, both in general and as a survival knife.

Gerber claims that the original Ultimate Knife (with the serrations) is the most selling knife in the World in 2011 so far. I am not sure if they mean most selling Gerber knife or best selling any knife. Either way I kind of doubt it really. Though, this knife must have sold a lot - we have sold quite a few at the store, though we have many better knives at the same price point.

I am considering getting on of the straight edge ones, once they hit the market here in Denmark - just to put it through it's paces.

LandRoverMatt
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I have a feeling my mates dad sells it in his shop, but I think he has one of the folding knifes(bear grylls)

JEEP
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
The Compact Scout Knife (a Gerber Gator Mate Serrator with black blade and fancy scales) and the Compact Multi-Tool (a Gerber Clutch with new scales) are actually good quality knives.

I used to sell a lot of both the Gerber Mate and the Clutch.