30-10-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97x85KxkvI

Compliments of http://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery

Ashley Cawley
30-10-2011, 08:27 PM
lol quality English accents!

GwersyllaCnau
30-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Believe it or not it was Shug's videos that helped me find the NBC website.
I was only looking for reviews on different types of stoves, I chose my stove and got hooked on hammocking (though still not got one).

Ashley Cawley
30-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Believe it or not it was Shug's videos that helped me find the NBC website.
I was only looking for reviews on different types of stoves, I chose my stove and got hooked on hammocking (though still not got one).hehe! Cool, how did it help you find us exactly? Did he give us a shout-out or was it just one of our videos that followed?

Wrighty28
30-10-2011, 08:46 PM
i love how this guy does EVERYTHING from his hammock lol in most of his youtube vids he's brewing up from the hammock! its inspiring!

GwersyllaCnau
30-10-2011, 08:49 PM
hehe! Cool, how did it help you find us exactly? Did he give us a shout-out or was it just one of our videos that followed?

I did a search on youtube for other hammock videos and your review of the DD hammock came up.

Adam Savage
30-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Great pair or lads there. Quality video. T^

cuppa joe
31-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Ha ha they should have a tv series ...really enjoyed that .
thanks for sharing.

GwersyllaCnau
31-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Shug is a great guy. I've emailed him a few times with hammock questions. He ALWAYS answers. And he was born in Ireland.. Derry I think if I remember right.

LandRoverMatt
31-10-2011, 04:36 PM
this video is funny as hell, least he doesn't talk about sheep mating all night :)

Silverback
31-10-2011, 04:41 PM
nice post Ashley thanks....I want that underquilt

rossbird
31-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Wharever they're on.......I'll have a gallon please:D

jus_young
16-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Just sat and watched all ten parts of his 'Hammock How-to' series. Back to basics with the setup of hammocks, underquilts, overquilts, tarps etc. Excellent vids from a guy that really does not take himself seriously which just makes it better viewing.

This is part one, just follow the links from there.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=d7NZVqpBUV0&NR=1

Ashley Cawley
22-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for sharing Justin :)

T^

AdrianRose
22-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I've been a huge fan of Shugs for ages.

The guy is as mad as a box of frogs but really knows and loves his chosen subject.

Ade.

treefrog
22-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Shug's a lot of fun to watch. Mostly his stuff is from Minnesota?? Nice looking countryside anyway...he mostly stays to marked trails it seems, must be in
national forests/parks?

jus_young
18-05-2012, 11:00 PM
For those that are not aware of Shug Emery, and those that are, he has just finished posting a five part series on an eight night outing. Some spectacular scenery, insights to hammocking and his usual nutty ways.

Here is Part One, just follow the links to the rest.

As always - enjoy!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0It4rXDsoUE&list=UU27nqmEhKzD9YHK1IFwG7qA&index=5&feature=plcp

AL...
19-05-2012, 01:39 AM
He's a Bunji short on his tarp for sure hehe!!
Great vids
The scary thing is I know a couple of guys just like him in Georgia :D

Cheers
AL

Old Guard
24-05-2012, 10:54 AM
lol quality English accents!

Standard Dick Van Dyke accent, that the yanks think we all have .......... LOL

Crazy Guy, awesome

jbrown14
24-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Standard Dick Van Dyke accent, that the yanks think we all have .......... LOL

Crazy Guy, awesome

But, Dick Van Dyke was SPOT ON with his Cockney accent, wasn't he!? Don't destroy my youthful impressions in one fell swoop like that! :D

You Limeys all sound alike to us anyway... :rolleye:

On an entirely different note, it's amazing to me how much the mountains of North Carolina look like the Adirondack Mountains of my native New York State. I love this guys style and info. I never saw the original share by Ash, I'm glad this thread was resurrected.

Josh

GwersyllaCnau
24-05-2012, 03:03 PM
But, Dick Van Dyke was SPOT ON with his Cockney accent, wasn't he!? Don't destroy my youthful impressions in one fell swoop like that! :D

On an entirely different note, it's amazing to me how much the mountains of North Carolina look like the Adirondack Mountains of my native New York State. I love this guys style and info. I never saw the original share by Ash, I'm glad this thread was resurrected.

Josh

Shug was actually born in Ireland. If I remember right when I spoke to him he's from Derry and moved to Minesota when his father got posted back home.

Old Guard
24-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Josh

That's ok Josh, some of us do know a bit about the USA, I am a Signaller with the 97th New Yorkers over here, still fighting Johnny Reb

and your right we do all sound alikw to you guys and over here we all think you all speak like your from the deep south Y'all

El
27-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Great vid lol

moontanboy
18-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Whoooo Buddy !

That guy's hilarious.

jus_young
23-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Well the snow has been falling all day so it means I can't go to work again, which seems great but then I don't earn any money either! So I thought I would cheer myself up with some of Shugs latest vids. Here is the link to the latest winter outing that puts our snow to shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzq2iidxNs&list=UU27nqmEhKzD9YHK1IFwG7qA&index=2

Part 2 follows afterwards.

For the newbies on the forum, Shug is a useful source of info when it comes to tree dwelling. His videos are lighthearted and informative as well as rather addictive :)

BJ
23-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Great stuff, interesting Guy.

andy202wr
01-02-2013, 08:13 PM
The biz. They should have there own show going on a world tour.

Luke
21-02-2013, 10:03 PM
oh my god that english accent had me cracking up.

Tankosl
22-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Well, that's another one I'm subscribing to now..........the guys mad, but great fun!!!

If he was in the pub, I think I'd be buying him a pint and listening to the stories.......