PDA

View Full Version : MSR Dromedary type thingy

Humakt
28-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm looking for something like a 4 litre MSR Dromedary (a water bladder you can hang up with a spout at the bottom), but something slightly cheaper.
Any suggestions and links?
Cheers

cuppa joe
28-10-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.source-hydration.co.uk/acatalog/Liquitainer_Series.html

cuppa joe
28-10-2011, 01:03 PM
the bottom one is 4ltrs.

Humakt
28-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes, that looks good.
Shame it's clear, though - water spoils MUCH quicker when the sun gets to it. You would have thought they'd realise that, and realise anyone needing such a product is likely in a camping/outdoors situation. There's also no indication of how tough and durable the bladder is. The more you think about it, the more you realise what a poor design that is...
Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

Anyone else think of anything better? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and pay for a Dromedary..?

J_P
28-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Sorry to say buy cheap buy twice buddy the cheapest I've seen the msr droms are on the woodlore site (yup tiz true) I have had the 4 and 6 for quite a few years now and they are still going strong, shower tap and hose is a good add on too.....

strat2206
07-11-2011, 10:15 PM
my advice would probably be just save for the msr sometimes its worth the extra money for the quality i had a 2 litre one had it years works perfect just hand it from a tree theres your woodland tap sorted :)

AdrianRose
29-11-2011, 06:59 AM
I have to agree with all of the comments so far.

I have a 6ltr MSR Dromedary and it is fantastic. It has been out with me for the last 3-4 years in blistering sun and sub zero winters and it has never failed yet. I would recommend the spigot cap though.

I got mine from a company called "Facewest", I have no affiliation with this company other than being a happy customer.

I think the minimum size one should get is the 6ltr, I believe in the old adage that you can put a little bit in a big container but you can't put a big amount in a little container.

Ade

Ade.

Shewie
29-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I've been using an Ortleib water bag for 12 years or so now ....

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ortlieb-water-bag-10-litre/