PDA

View Full Version : Hammock Carping

garethw
26-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi all
I managed to get out carp fishing this last weekend, on an invitation to a private syndicate lake near Paris. Absolutely fantastic place, very wild and secluded.
Had a bit of trouble managing to get my hammock/tarp up, (I'd brought a carp bivvy and bedchair just in case), but with a little effort and a few guy rope I managed to rig my DD hammock up.
Was lovely and warm in the new Snugpak underquilt, despite a light frost at dawn.

Anyway fishingwise I bagged a real lump of a carp at 44lb it was a real stunner.

http://www.croixblanchelakes.com/linear01.jpg

My mate laugh at me using a hammock for carping... not the usual thing, but as we all know its so much more comfortable.

cheers
Gareth

Silverback
26-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I often lay in my hammock carping, about the state of the country, the roads, the education system...oh i see ;)

Nice fish !!

kesom
26-10-2011, 04:52 PM
thats one hell of a catch gareth :)

peace ken :)

J_P
26-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Great fish! And an old wise one I bet good fishing ;)

garethw
26-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Great fish! And an old wise one I bet good fishing ;)

Yes I guess this fish was at least 25-30 years old. I was really pleased to catch a fish at this weight from this 100 acre plus lake.
cheers
Gareth

rossbird
26-10-2011, 06:28 PM
44lb Carp....same size as the fish caught by the Ledgendary Dick Walker.
Although his was a Common not a Leather.
great fish, you must be chuffed.:)

garethw
26-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Yes indeed... Clarissa was the same weight.
Yes I'm chuffed to bits (understatment), even if its not a personal best, its by far the prettiest carp I've banked, linears like this are quite rare.

cheers
Gareth

raycea123
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
like your style what a beautfull fish . down here in cornwall we have alot of "wild" pits, old mining quarrys that are like an inpenatrable fortress of foilage :) nothing better than hacking your way throu to fish for very very wild carp under a tarp

garethw
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi there
Some nice carp in Cornwell.. Whealgrey near Marazian has some nice fish. There used to be a small farm pond called Tindean near there too where I fished as a boy. We had them to over 10lb back in 1975.
cheers
Gareth

raycea123
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
thanks buddy will check them out , apperently when e.e.c the mining company pull off the land they have to return the land to a wild habitat with a sustainable eco system , wich includes stocking the lakes with a small amount of fish :) some are miles to deep up to 100ft ! normally fish the ones that go to about 30ft maximum but theres well over 30 just around the st austell area.