PDA

View Full Version : A few knives i made

Beowulf
22-10-2011, 11:39 AM
This initial post has been altered due to a maker advertising his products in an attempt to sell them.

You can see the warning/notice here (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2118-A-few-knives-i-made&p=26636&viewfull=1#post26636).

cuppa joe
22-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Really great looking quality knives....you have a gift fella...very nice job.

Martin
22-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Very nicely done!! Keep up the good work. :)

Martin

CanadianMike
22-10-2011, 03:37 PM
VERY nice work, I love the organic feel of all of them!

Simple question, how do you etch your initials in them? I've tried various means, working out details with a local guy that has a profession grade CO2 etching machine (or something along those lines) to do my knives, but I'm still struggling with doing it on my own, nothing comes out quite the way I want it to.

Bernie
22-10-2011, 03:49 PM
GREAT looking knives! I was thinking "Ooo, that's nice" then I saw it in your hand - it's a BEAST!

CanadianMike
22-10-2011, 04:06 PM
No kidding, eh? I saw the thickness......... 1/4" and thought 'Uh-oh!' then saw it in his hand and expletives came out. Lol

Dan XF
22-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Real nice. I like the 090912 model. Are you UK based and do you sell these items?

luresalive
22-10-2011, 06:36 PM
impressive alright!

Mouldsy
22-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Great work, very nice.

JEEP
22-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Beautiful work T^

markal17
22-10-2011, 07:36 PM
cool knifes i like the 110504 and the sheath they all look well made mate

rossbird
22-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Very nice.....yet another talented member.

jbrown14
22-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow! True artistry.
Thank you for sharing!

Josh

andy202wr
23-10-2011, 02:01 PM
great knife's keep them coming. The 110429 is a great piece and the handle on the 090912 looks fantastick.

jbrown14
24-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey Paulo,

I was just checking out your website, and I love your work.

Maybe it's because I'm an American, but I'm partial to the coffin-handled Bowie knife myself (090715) at least, that's what I'd call it.

You have some very unusual and intriguing designs, and I love the combination of the rough-forged texture and the finely finished parts of many blades.

Again, beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

Josh

Metal mug
24-10-2011, 05:58 AM
I want them all! :) Great work.

Beowulf
24-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone, your comments are a great incentive.

Then the answer to the questions, if I miss some, please tell me.

Simple question, how do you etch your initials in them? I've tried various means, working out details with a local guy that has a profession grade CO2 etching machine (or something along those lines) to do my knives, but I'm still struggling with doing it on my own, nothing comes out quite the way I want it to.

CanadianMike, I etch in the following way, use a "resin" to cover the blade, then the design is scraped (very carefully), then put a solution of water and nitric acid. This solution "eats" the steel that is not protected by the "resin" and etch.
If you want more detailed information please tell me.

Real nice. I like the 090912 model. Are you UK based and do you sell these items?

Dan XF, I live in Portugal and I am a knifemaker.
Yes, I sell my handmade knives, and I am available for any information you wish.
As both our countries belong to the EU, there are no problems sending goods.

Ashley Cawley
24-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Beowulf this thread was flagged for advertising and temporarily taken down by a moderator until it could be fully reviewed.

I have chosen to re-open this thread and let it be an example of the border-line issue we have with advertising on this forum.

As much as we all enjoy seeing photos of new knife designs, we understand that you are a knife-maker and it is your business to sell these. We both know that you have posted these knife photos with complete specifications and catalogue numbers in an attempt to get more business from our community. We do have a “Buy, Sell or Gift Kit” area which has it’s own short & simple rules of which you have ignored.

With this being amongst the first few posts you have made to the forum we can assume you came here to increase your sales and business.

NaturalBushcraft.co.uk is a non-commercial project for people to come together and share the knowledge and skills of Bushcraft freely. It is not a free platform for businesses to sell their produce. And I will therefore alter your original post to prevent this.

Beowulf you have not been banned, you are welcome to stay around and make a meaningful contribution to our community if you would like to.

I am sorry if this seems somewhat harsh folks but if this were allowed all the time the forum would become absolutely inundated with businesses continually trying to sell their produce on this free platform and it would ruin the community we have.

I have decided to post this message publicly because I believe in this forum being an open/honest place so that we all know where we are.