PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sunny Herts

Tedd
21-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi All,

Been lurking around on the forum for a bit so thought I'd better get signed up. Loving the 8 item challenge. I'm always working on making my pack as light as possible, currently at 9.5Kg and that's with a Laser Comp. Hoping a tarp/hammock purchase over the winter will bring that down a bit more.

Great site Ashley, cheers for the tweets.

Tim

Tony1948
22-10-2011, 12:41 AM
:welcome:Tedd to the forum,Dont get eaten by the bears.........Tony

Matt
22-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey Tim,

a warm :welcome: to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards,

Matt.

Ashley Cawley
23-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Tim!

:welcome: to our friendly community here :) Glad you decided to say hello and nice to hear from someone who follows the Twitter account :)

Martin
23-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Tim, I've got a Terra Nova Laser and my hammock and tarp set up weigh considerably more than the tent. Got to say, the tent is far more versatile for me. I was the only one using a tent on the eight item challenge. I'll only take the hammock and tarp when weight isn't an issue.

Oh, and a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

Ashley Cawley
23-10-2011, 06:37 PM
... Got to say, the tent is far more versatile for me. I was the only one using a tent on the eight item challenge..I find that a little ironic considering on our recent Dartmoor trip the 4 of us were walking around for ages trying to find a suitable tent spot for you yet the 3 of us could have pitched our hammock setups much earlier on! :p

Martin
23-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I find that a little ironic considering on our recent Dartmoor trip the 4 of us were walking around for ages trying to find a suitable tent spot for you yet the 3 of us could have pitched our hammock setups much earlier on! :p

B*ll*%ks!!! I could have pitched up pretty much anywhere along the route, including the first place we saw as we got into the woods. It was you tree hangers who were limited for options. Too many trees, not enough trees, too close together, too far apart, too big...... :D :D :D

Martin

Ashley Cawley
23-10-2011, 06:43 PM
B*ll*%ks!!! I could have pitched up pretty much anywhere along the route, including the first place we saw as we got into the woods. It was you tree hangers who were limited for options. Too many trees, not enough trees, too close together, too far apart, too big...... :D :D :D

Martinlmao - yeah right, too many trees :p Would have liked to see you pitch on all those grass-tussiks! Ooo that word pains me to say it :(

LandRoverMatt
23-10-2011, 07:18 PM
yes welcome tedd hope you enjoy forum

jus_young
23-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi tedd and welcome to NBC from me :)

Tedd
24-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks All!

Metal mug
25-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi from me too.