PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from across The Pond

ShelterMe
28-11-2010, 04:28 PM
:campfire:

Hello all,

I live in Pennsylvania in The United States. I really enjoy the bushcrafting videos on youtube as well as the content on the NBC site itself. Great job, very very welcoming to those newer to the whole Bushcraft experience.

Unfortunate to say that I will probably never be presented with the opportunity to go on a weekend trek to Dartmoor or the like. I will probably have to just slug it out over here with the local law enforcement "no, you can't camp here." and "no, campfires are out of the question, now we have to impound your vehicle..." A wee bit higher strung over in the States, unless you live in driving distance to a National Forest (difficult on the East Coast).

Either way, the videos help me live a little vicariously through your endeavors, which is much appreciated. Would love to strengthen my connections to the Bushcraft and Outdoors communities in the U.K. as well as the U.S.; please feel free to look me up on Facebook, and I will see you all in the other forums I'm sure. Keep up the good work, and know that you gents have a loyal following in the U.S.

Cheers,

-Mike
Forums: ShelterMe
Facebook: mayo470.

greenpete
28-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Mike! Welcome to the NBC forums!
Wow, sounds like a hard time camping over there!

Martin
28-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Mike, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Believe it or not, we have similar 'laws' over here, Dartmoor is the ONLY place in England where it is legal to rough camp without express permission.

Enjoy the forum and keep us informed of your endeavours.

Martin

Matt
28-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey Mike, a warm welcome to the forum.

Regards, Matt.

ShelterMe
28-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome! I look forward to spending some time here.

Ashley Cawley
28-11-2010, 10:43 PM
:welcome:

Great to hear from you Mike and welcome to the community. One great thing about starting this new forum is that I starting to hear from more and more international visitors/viewers! It's great to hear from you all.

I know how you feel about your laws/regs on camping, believe it or not it is still pretty tight over here in the UK. For people fairly new to Bushcraft here in the UK, "getting permission" to use people's woodlands for fire/camping etc. can be quite a struggle.

Look forward to sharing with you Mike,

Shewie
28-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Mike - welcome to the forum :)