PDA

View Full Version : Flint Knapping

Adyc57
11-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello everybody,

My name is Adrian and I run the occasional Bushcraft event for kids in the Wiltshire area. I have had a request from a client in Bristol to run a couple of Flint Knapping workshops, however my flint knapping is not up to scratch yet so I was wondering if anybody has the necessary skills to take such a workshop for me. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in anticipation.

Ade

jus_young
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi Adrian and welcome to NBC. Can't help you personally but this post will bump it back up top again for others to see.

Realearner
12-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Sorry only just doing a course myself this weekend. This is a skill not to be messed with, hope you find someone.

Adyc57
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Realearner, let me know how it goes...enjoy

Realearner
16-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Adyc57' well turned up at the course and both Will Lord and his father John Lord were in attendance, what bit of luck to see two skilled people together.
They make it seem so easy, but that is years of knapping, when you try yourself it just goes to show how skilful they are.
So I am now going to try and practice those skills, after I have made and collected the tools needed.
Don't think I will be trying to pass on any skills myself just yet, maybe in about 5 years.