PDA

View Full Version : Montane Clothing.

Martin
11-10-2011, 07:13 AM
I've been wearing Montane clothing for a while now and really like their gear, particurlarly their Terra Pant trousers. I have several pairs of the lightweight, summer ones and a pair of the lined, winter ones. They are very comfortable, the lightweight trousers dry very quickly if they get wet and in winter the lined trousers keep you toasty warm. Both models have good ventilation and are cut for maximum comfort and movement (articulation in their language).

The only problem I have found is that the tags which attach to the zip pulls have broken off on a couple of pairs of the trousers. However, I dropped a quick email to Montane on Sunday night, explaining what had happened, and they replied on Monday morning and promised to send some replacements in the post. With service like that I can be sure that I will be buying more Montane clothing and equipment in the future. It's a really good example of a British company designing good products and backing them up with excellent customer care.

Try them out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Martin

Bernie
11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
This is why Martin is also known as "Poshcrafter". I mean seriously Martin, the prices!!! :eek:

http://www.montane.co.uk/

comanighttrain
11-10-2011, 07:56 AM
huh.. i thought montane were French

Always fancied a pair of their trousers, will probably pick a pair up for winter...my berghaus walking trousers are holding out well so far

Martin
11-10-2011, 08:07 AM
This is why Martin is also known as "Poshcrafter". I mean seriously Martin, the prices!!! :eek:

http://www.montane.co.uk/

Never mind the price, feel the quality Bernie!! ;)

Martin

Reaps72
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Never mind the price, feel the quality Bernie!! ;)

Martin

My theory is buy quality in low buggerupability areas Jackets, Tents, Sacks & Comfort Kit (apart from boots but I try to only pay tops £120!for gooduns in a sale!)

But expensive keks, which just get buggered quick, cheap n cheerfull all the way! I have a pair of regatta xert waterproof over-trousers lasted three winters & still going, underneath either cheap ronhill running leggins (cold weather) or craghoppers baggies total cost about £40 - 50!
Sorry Martin

Silverback
11-10-2011, 09:32 AM
My theory is buy quality in low buggerupability areas Jackets, Tents, Sacks & Comfort Kit (apart from boots but I try to only pay tops £120!for gooduns in a sale!)

But expensive keks, which just get buggered quick, cheap n cheerfull all the way! I have a pair of regatta xert waterproof over-trousers lasted three winters & still going, underneath either cheap ronhill running leggins (cold weather) or craghoppers baggies total cost about £40 - 50!
Sorry Martin

I'm with you on this. I have a pair of wynnster waterproof overtrousers, still going strong after 5 years, underneath ronnies or army lightweights. Cheap and cheerful and dont really mind if they get shredded.

rossbird
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I have a very lightweight Montane jacket, great for throwing in a bag during the warmer weather in case of a shower.

The only issue I have is with the arms, just a tad tight, would struggle with any longsleeved garment underneath.

Dan XF
12-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I still have my old Buffalo mtn shirt, it's 20+ yrs old and still going strong. Combine it with a pair of Ron Hills (blue with the red stripe only) and a pair of Karrimor KSBs and you're laughing. I'm however a huge fan of Rohan kit and have purchaced a few pairs of trousers in their sales. Ultimate cargoes and the elite pants are just superb in windy weather and I never pay more than £40 for a pair. But I bought my last pair of Ronnies in 1992 and they are still going strong. I think they cost £16 back then, and that's real value in my book. If they get wet they dry quickly enough and will certainly dry out before you get to sleep snuggled up in your Buffalo bag. I have bought a snugpak pile shirt in the last couple of years and would also recommend it, but it is noisy and doesn't have a nice hand warmer pocket. but hey , from the state of our woodlands now walking around and rustling like a crisp packet means you will fit right in.

Silverback
12-10-2011, 09:34 AM
I had to sell my buffalo special six - in OG.....doesnt fit anymore :ashamed:

Martin
12-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I had to sell my buffalo special six - in OG.....doesnt fit anymore :ashamed:

I didn't think they would shrink. ;) :D

Martin

Silverback
12-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I didn't think they would shrink. ;) :D

Martin