PDA

View Full Version : Bashas/Hootchies

OKBushcraft
26-11-2010, 01:48 AM
I bought an ebay hootchie a year ago-mis labled as military kit-was made in Vietnam. I got a partial refund so I think I got what I paid for and it works OK. I would like to find a basha source for Military surplus at an affordable price, anyone have any ideas???

Metal mug
14-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I saw quite a good one on ebay that they claim you can make a stretcher out of it. It's £15.00 plus a bit of postage. I was thinking of getting one at that price. If I buy one I'll report back here and tell you what its like. I really wanted a ozzy army hootchie once, but then found out they're about £90.00! Oh sorry I just noticed you're from Oklahoma. Well it still might be worth getting one from here as long as the postage isn't too bad.

OKBushcraft
17-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Sometimes ebay isn't so bad on deals from the UK, Shipping can get a bit extream though. The Ozz wannabe hootchie was won on ebay from Ozz. Like I said, it is worth what I paid after the partial refund but one of the poppers came right off the first time I snapped them. The water proofing will adhere to itself if it sits in the pack too long and not unrolled.

I had found a source for used bashas in the UK and contacted them or tried, they never would return any emails. At the time I was considering getting a crate of them so I could try to supply them over on this side of the pond. Oh well....

Let me know how your search comes out, thanks John.

Bosch
18-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Mate

Try UKTarps.co.uk they come in all different colours and sizes, fully waterproof and very cheap. Tarps and basha's are great, they take up very little space and are versatile. You might want to compliment it with a bivvi bag for when it rains, just for that bit of extra reassurance. Ebay will be the best place to pick up a gortex bivvi bag.

OKBushcraft
19-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the lead. I will have to look at that for sure. John.

Gypo
07-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Hello my colonial friend, how many bashas were you after? the British Army Basha is a good bit of kit, they are cheaper if you buy a desert DPM ones. New, they are about £40 approx $60, a bit cheaper 2nd hand. Let me know your quantities I may be able to help. God bless the Queen!